Header Builder and One Page Navigation

Hi :upside_down_face: Can these two work together one day soon please? :grimacing: Thanks!

Hi There,

Our developers are working on it.

You can still do a one page menu with the header builder by linking to the IDs of the sections but the menu will not highlight as you scroll down - at the moment :slight_smile:

Hope it helps!

Thanks! And mobile burger menu or submenus do not close after clicking ID link :grin:

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for your feedback.

You’re welcome! Also, I don’t think the section ID links offset to accommodate the sticky menu. So sections are appearing behind the menu here unless I’m doing something wrong. :grimacing:

Hi Mik3,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

http://mikebanger.com/ I’m currently using the default menu on the homepage for now. I tried mimicking the menu with header builder on this page http://mikebanger.com/posts/ which I want to be my homepage eventually. Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for the URL. Unfortunately, it is still a known issue with the sticky offset. One page navigation still doesn’t work on Pro. We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has cause you. We will let you know once we have an update. What we’re sure at the moment is, using hash links will smooth scroll but other functions related to one page navigation is still under investigation.

1 Like

Man glad to see I’m not alone with this one! I’ve used top and bottom offset padding to bring the section ID link under the sticky menu / header. Hoping that one page nav functions better soon in pro.

2 Likes

Hi @BEN_SPELLBINDER_ADMI,

Thank you for the feedback, as mentioned above one page navigation is still under investigation.

Stay Tuned!

having same issue! Hamburger triggered menu does not close after clicking menu item linked to a section ID. :frowning:

Hey @bradmaclean

Thanks for writing around! Since your issue is also related to one page navigation which is still under investigation so wait for the update.

Thanks!

1 Like

YOoo! Any update with this? :grin::grimacing:

Regretfully, there is currently no update for this. Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

Wait, are you telling us all One Page Navigation that is done with the new release of Pro is not working? Thought i was going crazy for a bit while working on this page as this is usually a quick thing to do. When can we expect an update?
We’ve got a deadline coming up for this one. Would you advise rolling back to an older Version of Pro to get this done?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating this thread. One page navigation has never been working in Pro theme. This is still an issue waiting to be resolve in our tracker list. We do not have an ETA yet on when the update with this fix is rolling out. Our developers is already made aware of it.

And by the way, you are using a very old Pro 1.0.3 which has a lot of issue. Please update to the latest one which is Pro 1.2.4. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thank you for your understanding.

Pro 1.2.4 is the problem i have actually. I rolled back to the old version (which i since updated to 1.1.0) which does include OnePage Navigation via custom links in the menu. Not sure what you are trying to tell me with “One page navigation has never been working in Pro theme” not a very helpful answer to be honest :confused:

I also have to say that you should highlight the fact that 1.2.4 is not stable (otherwise you wouldn’t have what you call the “stability release” with 1.1.1, see screenshot below). I cannot work with unstable versions. I appreciate the work you are putting into pro and the new features in 1.2 seem great but it’s all worth nothing if it’s not stable unfortunately. :frowning:

Hello @okayfactor,

Thanks for writing in. One page navigation doesn’t work in Pro the way it has worked historically in X. In Pro you can certainly add a navigation of linked IDs to sections on your page, and clicking them will auto-scroll them to that section, but that is all. In X, if you’re using your one page navigation in conjunction with a sticky bar, the height of that bar is calculated as an offset to ensure that your bar doesn’t cover any content (Pro doesn’t do this) and it will also highlight the “active” link for the section you’re on as you scroll down the page (Pro doesn’t do this either). So while the linking of “one page navigation items” on a page does work in Pro, all of the final touches that make up the whole experience of “one page navigation” are not fully implemented at this time.

Also, regarding our stability releases, we have always made these available to users for various reasons. We do extensive beta testing with our team internally and a group of volunteers from the community with each release and do as much as we can to ensure that things are in working order, but there is no way we can conceivably and realistically account for every single instance of a person’s server configuration, PHP version, potential plugin conflicts, browser version, et cetera. Also, while we have always encouraged users to make backups before updates, and perform updates in a staging environment before migrating changes to a “production” server, the simple truth is that not everyone does this still. Because of this, we have to do our best to provide methods for all manner of user to try and regain stability again if they happen to run into an issue and have not taken the proper precautions to avoid this happening in a live environment.

Hello, as someone who has worked with ThemeCo products for 2 years, has almost 20 licenses, has been on podcasts singing X Theme’s praises, has had 10 websites in the official X Theme Showcase and is even in the ThemeCo Customer Spotlight Blog, I have always been an advocate for X.

When Pro came out, I jumped at the chance to use it. Now have 4 sites that I’ve built with Pro. Three of them use 1-page navigation because I didn’t know that 1-page menus wouldn’t work in Pro when I started building these sites (I didn’t think I would have to check).

It’s a serious problem that the 1-page navigation doesn’t work. My paying clients cannot “just wait for the update.” They depend on us to deliver sites that just work. I’ve been able to provide that to my clients until now. I cannot simply “turn around” and just use the X Theme instead on these sites.

A kind member in the private Facebook group gave me a code that makes 1-page menus open when a link is clicked:

Code if you are using the modal menu (00 is where you put your menu ID):

jQuery(function($) {
$(’.hm00.x-menu-modal .x-anchor’).on( “click touchstart”, function() {
$(’.x-modal-close’).click();
});
});

Code if you are using the collapsed menu (00 is where you put your menu ID):

jQuery(function($) {
$(’.hm00.x-menu-collapsed .x-anchor’).on( “click touchstart”, function() {
$(’.x-off-canvas-close’).click();
});
});

These scripts may need to be tweaked, because on my iMac the menus work fine, but on my iPhone the menu links stop working after a few clicks. See Example:

This issue needs to get resolved soon, and not having a timeline on when this 1-page menu capability will work is simply unacceptable. Please understand, clients have invested thousands of dollars with us, and we’re trusting in your products to get the job done.

Hi there,

Due to the nature of header structures, full implementation is not possible so yes, a bit of tweaking would be required. It’s complex and there is no temporary fix. But maybe I can create a snippet and I’ll let you know, but there is no guarantee it would work. Because if it’s, then we can simply implement it to Pro if it became available :slight_smile:

Thanks!