Header and Revolution Slider Disappeared

Site: http://monteverdeny.com/
Wordpress ver: 4.8.1
X-Theme Ver: 5.1.1

Hello,

I’m working on a site and noticed last week that the slider below the masthead disappeared. I checked the plugin and it was working fine. I deactivated the plugins to see if there was a conflict with anything, but it was still showing nothing even when I only had Cornerstone and Revolution Slider active.

On top of that, the header is also nowhere to be seen on desktop or mobile. I inspected the source code and they don’t show up in there either. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and it seems that the whole header is missing. Did you made any customizations in your child theme? It looks like you have modified the Blank - No Container | header, footer. Could you please send us a copy of your child theme so that we can inspect it thoroughly?

Thanks

The only file I modified was the base.php file on aug 10 to add: <meta name="p:domain_verify" content="9f401064452b33cd30bdc8e1b7de7e59"/> The site continued to work fine after that for a few days before the header disappeared completely. Maybe that is the cause of the issue?

How do I send you a copy of my child theme to inspect?

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for the information. Maybe if you could download your child theme, zip it and share it using Dropbox so that we can take further investigation. I am guessing that maybe there were other files that has been modified which have caused this issue why the whole header is not showing.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello,

Is a WeTransfer link okay?

Thanks

Hi there,

I’m not sure why this would cause the header to disappear. If it disappeared days after you made changes, it could be because any page caching you’re using updated.

Can you try deactivating the child theme, then clearing the cache to see if that makes a difference? If it works, we’ll know it’s an issue with the child theme. Otherwise would you mind letting us take a closer look and provide WordPress and FTP credentials in a secure note?

One suggestion on your child theme is that you don’t need to override base.php to customize the <head> contents. WordPress allows this with the wp_head hook. You can add this code to functions.php of your child theme to achieve the same effect. Then you could remove base.php from the child theme.

function my_custom_head_code() { ?>
  <meta name="p:domain_verify" content="9f401064452b33cd30bdc8e1b7de7e59"/>
  <?php
}
add_action('wp_head', 'my_custom_head_code' );

After deleting the framework folder and its contents from my child theme, the header and slider returned back to normal.

I have pasted the code that you have provided into the functions.php of the child theme. Everything is working fine again.

It must have been because of my caching plugin that I did not notice having base.php in my child theme affected the website until a few days later.

Thank you for showing me what snippet of code I should be using in my child theme’s functions.php file.

Glad that we could be of a help. For further reading I suggest that you check the Articles below as they will give a deeper insight regarding the functions you can use in your child theme to customize different aspects:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208

Thank you.