Having trouble with sections not centering

Hi,

I’m having trouble getting these sections to center. However, when I drop in the classic templates those seem to work just fine and have all the correct alignment.

Any help with this one?

Hi,

It should be full width by default, something is not right with your set-up.

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

The latest version numbers are

Pro 1.2.7

X Theme 5.2.5
Cornerstone 2.1.7

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

You could also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I just deactivated almost all other plugins and reinstalled Pro. I’m back and my original problem of the section not being full-width, however. I just want the entire section to go full-width so I can add in a parallax background, but center the content within the section. It’s kind of been a pain to figure out.

EDIT: Yes, I am on the most recent version.

https://s8.postimg.org/42epg6vrp/Screen_Shot_2017-12-07_at_7.37.35_AM.png

Hi There,

On Cornerstone settings > Templates > Select: Blank No Container Header Footer

If that does not help, please provide the URL of one of the pages where you are facing the issue.

Thanks!

I think I figured it out.

Quick question. Within the theme options, does the site width not matter for the sections if I choose the “blank | no contain | header and footer” option?

Ha! Just saw your reply as soon as I submitted mine.

I’ll report back if anything comes up again. Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

Hi There,

It will influence the width of the container.

As you can see when you add content to the sections, the content does not go to the edges(unless you turn off the container on your ROW)

This width will be influenced.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks!

I guess I’ll put this here so I don’t flood threads, but hopefully you guys could help me out again.

If I wanted to fix a section to the back so that other sections scroll above it would I just need to mess with the Z index values? Or would this need a specific type of coding in the customize tab?

I’d also like to keep parallax on the top section.

So in other words

Section 1 (top layer that scrolls with section 3)
Section 2 (layer that lies beneath it that’s fixed)
Section 3 (top layer that scrolls with section 1)

Here’s an example: http://campaign.wellesley.edu/

Hi There,

That would not be that simple.

It would require custom development but unfortunately would be out of the scope of our support as it is not a feature offered by X.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.