Having Trouble updating Pro from 2.5 to 3

Hello, X Theme and Pro are my two favorite themes. I have many licenses for them.

There is one site where I am unable to update the Pro Theme. The update button does not show. This is a MultiSite but there is only one site in the MultiSite Network so far.

I have tried revoking the validation and revalidating a couple times. That did not work.
I downloaded the most recent Pro zip file, have unzipped it renamed it pro-updating but cannot seem to upload it to the filemanager. It just does not load. I have not tried ftp. I stopped using ftp a few years ago when sftp came along and it got complicated. I have built hundreds of sites without ftp.

I have read this article and tried to follow these instructions, however just cannot make it through the process.

What would you recommend as the best process to make the automatic updating work in multi site? Or, is there a process to follow to determine why automatic updating is not working and then to get automatic updating to work?

Or, could I just delete the pro folder in the themes directory and upload the new pro folder? Is there any chance of that working?

Hello Jon,

Thanks for writing in!

For multisite set up, you will be updating the WP, theme and plugins in My Sites > Network Admin > Dashboard > Updates. The update for Pro or X will only work if you have validated the main site. If you are not seeing any other way to update the theme, you can do it manually. Please check out “Manual Updates” section in this article:

Or you can simply delete the old theme and upload the latest .zip file. Just make sure that you have made a back-up of the Theme Options which you can do that in Pro > Validation > Theme Options Manager.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.