Having trouble the cornerstone editor is malfunctioning on Godaddy's hosting

Hi Guys,

I am having issues eversince I installed this theme, The Cornerstone editor doesn't function right or malfunctions as soon I switch the website back to Godaddy's server. Can you guys help me with this?

Thanks,

Hello @banderbuzz,

Thanks for asking and I am sorry for the trouble you are facing.

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  • Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

After following step # 1 I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 37 bytes) in /home/content/06/11471506/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/elements/mixins/anchor.php on line 777

Just by updating the Plug-ins

Hi there,

Please contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Hope this helps.

Hi Guys,

Completed all the steps, But still having issues … Where do we go from here?

Thanks

Hello @banderbuzz,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

In that case please share WordPress login (url/username/password) details in a secure note for us to take a closer look. Also can you please give us to the permission to troubleshoot the problem? We may have to perform some tests on the website which may effect the performance, appearance, layout and functioning of website temporarily.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Login info sent via secure note.

Hi There,

This error means your site is reaching the memory limit that is allocated to it, you can increase your PHP memory limit by following Jade’s instruction above, or you can deactivate the plugins that you’re not using to save some resources.

I did check some of your pages in Cornerstone and I did not encounter errors, except on the Homepage which your Custom Headlines element continues loading, and that seems because those Custom Headlines elements has a syntax errors on it.

Please check all your Text/Headline element, and address the missing closing tags.

Cheers!

What about the text turning into white on this page?

http://newsite.dcandersonlaw.com/practice-areas/

Hi there,

It’s because of this content that you added to your top bar

<font color="#ffffff"><font size="6">Call Now: 415.395.9898</font>

Please change it to this

<font color="#ffffff"><font size="6">Call Now: 415.395.9898</font></font>

Two opening should have two closing tag too. Or, this simpler one

<font color="#ffffff"  size="6">Call Now: 415.395.9898</font>

Hope this helps.

Shouldn’t it work without the code, I have tried using the WP bakery editor with no luck as well?

Hi there,

Regardless of the builder, the result will be the same since the issue is originating from the top, and from that code. I checked and the content is displaying now on that sample page that you provided.

Or are you referring to different issue other than the white texts?

Thanks!

The drag and drop builder is not function, that’s the whole point of the WP bakery Editor right?

Hi there,

There is a confusion, your last issue was about the white text and I provided solution. All I’m saying is, if you’ll not fix it, regardless if the builder, the white text will remain in there.

Could you clarify your new issue about the WP Bakery Editor? What do you mean by function, does it display error too?

Thanks!

Here’s the list of issues:

1. Unable to change the background Images on Homepage using Cornerstone.
  2. WP Bakery Editor not working on http://newsite.dcandersonlaw.com/practice-areas-2/
  3. For some reason the spacing between paragraphs is all messed up on this page
    http://dcandersonlaw.com/practice-areas/ I have tried text alignment but not working due to WP Bakery Plugin Malfunction
    I am yet to start on other pages but I need to be confident that the editor works right before spending any more time on this theme.

Thanks.

Hi there,

1. What background has this issue? I tried them all and I’m able to change the background image.

I also notice that there is a loading icon at the bottom, please turn off any bottom separator from your sections, it’s known bug.

1. The WP Bakery Editor for that page is loading and working on my end, I also see that you already added content on that page. Perhaps, more information of which isn’t working?

2. Each line break is equivalent to <p></p>, adding more will surely add more spaces. I also see white texts there, still same issue caused by topbar content. And what spacing do you wish to implement?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.