H2 tags in X Theme do not get crawled by Google - bad for SEO

The h2 tags are not being crawled by google in the X Theme. All h2 tags on my website are pointing to “The Blog” and the h2 on the site does not show up for some reason after doing an seo audit. Kindly advise how to rectify.

Hey @Vandana,

I believe this is a continuation of your thread here? Let us first establish some information on this thread to avoid confusion. Please verify the points below.

####1. The URL you’re testing is this https://www.entcounsel.com/funding-your-production/?
####2. Viewing the source code of that page, I see 14 H2 tags. The first one being the header landmark title which is “The Blog”.

####3. How can you say that Google is not crawling h2 tags in X theme? Or, are you just basing from Screaming Frog? Please note that Google’s crawler is not the same as any other crawler. Which leads us to point 4.

####4. It looks like the SEO auditing tool you’re using can only read one H2 tag. There are clearly 14, in that page. Is your tool compatible with HTML5? This was also pointed out by @christopher.amirian in the separate thread.

Since this is your problem, try removing the whole line all together. If it still does not work, delete all the lines wrapped in h1 in _landmark-header.php. That will surely remove The Blog entirely.

####5. Basing on the screenshot you’ve showed us. Would you also mind explaining why your tool shows “Encounsel” as h1 in your page https://www.entcounsel.com/what-is-trademark/ when clearly, it is not.

####6. I also asked for FTP credentials in the separate thread if there are still issues.

####7. The video I provided in the separate thread was just showing the h1s in your page. It also is not blurry on my end. It will only be blurry if you’ve set your Youtube video quality to a low setting. We can forget about this.

####8. Again, please forgive me if I missed something. Your request is quite complex as it involves a third party tool which we do not have access to and have no knowledge of how it works.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.