H2 subheading issue

Hi,

I want H2 subheading in the post to be smaller.
I tried below in the Global CSS. It worked on buddhismzone.org. But it didn’t work on Bettafishaquarium.com

h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {

font-size: 150%;

}

Please help.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Please try with this custom CSS instead:

h2.entry-title {
    font-size: 18px !important;
}

Here are some related links for further reading:

Hope this helps.

Nothing changed.
All the CSS I have as below:

.x-header-landmark { display: none; }
#x-btn-navbar,
.x-btn-navbar, 
.x-btn-navbar.collapsed {
    color: purple;
}
.x-colophon.bottom p { color: #000; } .x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content a { color: #000; } .x-colophon.bottom .x-nav li a { color: #000; } 
}
h2.entry-title {
}

Hi again,

I checked your CSS and I see you’ve an extra closing bracket which is preventing your CSS to work. Please replace your CSS code with the following:

h2.entry-title {
}

.x-header-landmark { 
    display: none; 
}
#x-btn-navbar,
.x-btn-navbar, 
.x-btn-navbar.collapsed {
    color: purple;
}
.x-colophon.bottom p,
.x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content a,
.x-colophon.bottom .x-nav li a { 
    color: #000; 
}

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

Still no changes. I will compare the settings on the weekend. I think the issue isn’t CSS.

Hello Michael,

I have tried the CSS code previously suggested by my colleagues and they seem to work fine. Hi there,

Perhaps there is an issue with the CSS code that you have in the Global CSS such as some CSS syntax error that is stopping the CSS code you are adding to work as expected.

To verify that, please copy all the codes that are in the Global CSS and paste it here.

It should provide some information if there are any CSS error that is causing the issue that you have to fix so that the CSS codes will work.

If you are still not able to a make it work, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hi Shizai,

I checked and the CSS works,

Please clear your browser cache and test it again.

Thanks!

When you open the post, do you see the H2 subheading become smaller?

THe subheading “The History of Betta Fish” is not changed.

Sorry for the confusion. The code provided here earlier targets the Entry Title and not generic headlines. To modify generic headlines, you need to add this code and change the font size values according to your needs.

.entry-content h1 {
	font-size: 0.7 rem;
}
.entry-content h2 {
	font-size: 0.6 rem;
}
.entry-content h3 {
	font-size: 0.5 rem;
}
.entry-content h4 {
	font-size: 0.4 rem;
}
.entry-content h5 {
	font-size: 0.3 rem;
}
.entry-content h6 {
	font-size: 0.2 rem;
}

Please make sure you don’t introduce a syntax error in the code as my colleagues has suggested.

Thanks.

Hello @michaelca99,

Please use this code instead:

.entry-content h1 {
	font-size: 1.8em;
}

.entry-content h2 {
	font-size: 1.6em;
}

.entry-content h3 {
	font-size: 1.4em;
}
.entry-content h4 {
	font-size: 1.2em;
}
.entry-content h5 {
	font-size: 1.0em;
}
.entry-content h6 {
	font-size: 0.8em;
}

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

I provded the login infomration in the secure note for my another site.
The CSS works no issue on this site:
h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {

font-size: 150%;

}

Hi Shizai,

It works on both size, please note that you’re applying a percentage size. A 150% of 20px is different from 150% of 30px even though they are both 150%. And that’s why on your other site, it stays big.

I’ll explain it below, your other site has root font size of 14px set in Theme Options > Typography. The body text has 1.18rem font size, and 14px of 1.18rem result to 16.52px. Now, since you changed it to 200%, the rendering size will be 16.52px x 2 = 33.04px. Hence remain bigger.

Perhaps you can provide more information of what’s really not working if it’s not about the size? It works and this is the screenshot

Thanks!

That makes more sense. Thank you very much.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.