Gym demo "Failed to Finish Importing"

I am trying to install the Gym demo on a new WordPress installation on A2Hosting. The Gym demo “failed to finish importing”. I read the other two threads on the same topic and Upgraded to PHP 7.1, Increased Max_File_Size and Max_Post_Size to 64MB and Memory_Limit to 512MB.

I tried to setup error logging, but the log file is empty.

I even uninstalled WordPress and reinstalled it and the X theme.

I’m still getting the error. Shown below are the PHP settings.

Hello @scobra,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Are you able to import other demos? Or the problem lies only with importing Gym demo? Most of the settings as shown in screenshot looks fine. Can you please share website login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

I have not tried any other demos. I don’t want a cluttered install. Gym is the site I want to build upon. I shared the website login details via secure note.

H there,

There are some troubleshooting points in the article below that I urge you to follow and get back to us with the results:

The reason my colleague asked if this is happening for other demos to know if it is only for Gym or not. If not then it must be a problem to connect to our servers, but if the only Gym is the problem it might be the environmental errors.

Kindly get back to us with the test results to be able to decide on further actions.

Thank you/.

I can install Standard Demos: Integrity 1 is currently installed.
It appears my website can connect to your servers.

I cannot install Expanded Demos: Gym, Education and Church all “failed to finish importing”.
I followed the article “Setup - Demo Content”, including troubleshooting, but the Expanded Demos still fail to install.

Hi there,

Upon checking, I see that X theme is not installed correctly on your site. That is, you have created a directory called X-Theme and installed the theme inside it.
/wp-content/themes/X-Theme/x/

Your X theme should be under the following path.
/wp-content/themes/x/

Try re-installing it and see if that resolves your issue. Another conflict would be that the A2 Optimized plugin. Make sure to disable it as well to avoid conflicts.

Thanks!

I moved the x folder in themes.
Now I get a Cornerstone validation error: “We’ve checked the code, but it doesn’t appear to be an Cornerstone purchase code or Themeco license. Please double check the code and try again.” It is not accepting the X Theme license code.

Hi There,

Upon checking, I see that your site is validated now.

Could you please confirm ?

Thanks!

The theme is validated.

I deactivated two plugins: A2 Optimized WP and A2 Fixed W3 Total Cache.
The Gym demo has now successfully installed on A2 Hosting!

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.