Gutenberg, x & pro

I saw a post dated March 8, 2018 where you were not stating how you would work with Gutenberg. It appears that Gutenberg will be released this April 2018, so I am wondering if you can comment on how x & pro will, or will not, work with Gutenberg. I have been using both x and pro to develop websites, but if one or both of these do not work with Gutenberg I need to know that fact and why. I have to assure my clients that I am making long-term, best interest decisions for themes.

1 Like

As per Matt Mullenweg, there is no definitive release date for merging Gutenberg into core. I think he mentioned April as a possibility of a wider testing phase. That said, I think it would be great to have Themeco publically state what their plans are for Gutenberg integration/compatibility.

2 Likes

Hi there,

There is no official announcements about this particular editor. Please consider that the editor will be available officially only on the release of WordPress version 5 which there is no date mentioned for that release yet.

We will announce about this when there will be a strict date for the release and a decision made by our development team.

But we will always guarantee compatibility with the latest versions of WordPress that I can say.

Thank you.

Wordpress is on 4.9. Perhaps now is the time to address this?

Hello @ericgreenspan,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As of now we still don’t have any official announcement to make regarding Gutenberg. To share important news we communicate either via changelog page or the News section that you can see in the right hand side of forum.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.