Gutenberg conflicts with Cornerstone (I think)

Hi!

When I installed Gutenberg on two websites, I got a conflict on both. Inline elements suddenly turned into Block elements.

An Example is on this staging Homepage. (Link in secure note).

As you can see, on the Hero there are two buttons. They should be one next to the other. As soon as Gutenberg gets installed, they ended up one on top of the other.

Granted, those elements are made with my custom CSS, but the reason I am writing to you is that Cornerstone interprets the position correctly, when the page is opened in the editor. The issue is that they get messed up in the live preview. So clearly there is something going on that is not up to me.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Hi There @Misho

Thanks for writing in! When I tried to access your backend URL, I’m getting the following message.
Nažalost, nemate dopuštenje za pristup ovoj stranici.

Make sure that you’re using the latest version of WordPress core and also X/Pro theme including other plugins. You can check version information from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Also check our gutenberg related FAQ from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/gutenberg-faq/40776).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana!

Sorry, the user role was set to “None”. So as soon as you have logged-in, WP kicked you out.

I have fixed the access.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thanks for the confirmation!
I can see a <br> tag coming between the elements when you have it with two lines.

Instead of adding the shortcode in two lines please male it single line without space so that it won’t add <br> tag.

Now check I have removed the pace and it works fine.

Hope this helps!

Wow, interesting, thanks!

Gutenberg is the one that creates the <br> tag between the shortcodes. It doesn’t exist when there is no Gutenberg, and also Cornerstone has no issues with it, only the front-end. There is no conflict here? Perhaps the one to point to the Gutenberg team?

Thanks!

Hi There,

There is no such reported conflict between cornerstone and Gutenberg till now.
You can anyway contact them for the <br> tag issue. Still, I am not sure if the issue is due to the Gutenberg because sometimes the issue also, coming without Gutenberg installed.
Better to remove the gap between the shortcodes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.