Guru Meditation

Yes Hello. I am trying to update to Pro and getting and error. Please see attached Guru Meditation message. Thank you. This is for my newenglandstudio.com site

HI there,

Would you mind trying to update your site again manually as there might be some files that were corrupted when you tried to update.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you. It has been since my DW MX 2004 days for updating via ftp manually. Is there a recommended Themeco way of updating so I don’t assume I am doing this correctly. Thank you so very much this may save me lots of time.

Hi There,

Please follow our update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Also you can install the following plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/1) and then head over to Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo and check the following information.

PHP version
PHP Max Script Execute Time
Memory Limit

We do recommend PHP v5.6.32 or higher, max script execution time 120 or higher and memory limit 256MB or higher (512MB recommended) to run Cornerstone smoothly.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

PLEASE HELP: I have followed your directions and Pro is NOT uploading.
The message reads: Broken Themes
The following themes are installed but incomplete.

Name Description
Pro – Child Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the “pro” parent theme

PLEASE what do I have to do to get this thing working.
Thank you.

Hi there,

Looks like the upload or installation didn’t finish, would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials? We’ll check it :slight_smile:

For the meantime, please delete the installed theme again through FTP, and install it again. Have you uploaded it through admin or through FTP?

Thanks!

Yes thank you very much for your offer to help.
I just deleted the Pro theme via FTP then reinstalled it
through FTP. This gave the same results.

Hello, Regarding the wp-server info. I have attached a screenshot of my results. Would you be nice enough to examine and tell me what I might change/upgrade? Thank you very much.

Hi there,

You already installed the Pro theme and the problem was that the Cornerstone plugin was installed. You do not need Cornerstone anymore. I deactivated and deleted that plugin.

Also, the Global Blocks for Cornerstone and X Pro was causing to show the Cornerstone instead of the Pro at the top which I deactivated that.

There seems to be a conflict yet as the pro does not show the submenus, but from the top, you can access the launch menu:

You need to double check and deactivate all 3rd party plugins to see which one is causing the issue.

By the way, in 2 days the version 2 of the Pro will be available in automatic updates which contain the Global Blocks out of the box and you will not need the plugin in question. For more information:

https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-pro-2-0-0

Alternatively, you can download it from your Themeco Dashboard and install it manually. Don’t forget to have a backup of your website before any action.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.