Grid Layout + Open In a page Layout

Im trying to make a grid but all the image viewing plugins dont do what I want I want. I dont need a light box style. here is a screen shot how the grid should look. Then when the image should open up it should go to a image page so the image opens up full scale and has 2 arrows to see next image or last one. but not in a light box or a popup viewer. Must Have the info about the artwork at the bottom see 3 screenshots

Hello There,

Thanks for the very detailed post information. Regretfully there isn’t an option or feature in the theme that can do what you have in mind. It may be possible with custom development which is way beyond the scope of our support. Meanwhile, you may check out The Grid plugin or Essential Grid to display your grid with some built in effects. You can install it by going to X > Overview > Extensions. To know more how we have integrated these plugins, please check it out here:

To check out the example grids, please check it out here:

Hope this helps.

So your saying everything must be in a light box If I use the plugins the x theme has as add on?

Is there not some code to make this happen?

This has to be possible.

Hi there,

Th Essential Grid can link to a page and not the lightbox. You can set for example blog posts of a specific category to be the source of the grid. Inside the posts, you add a featured image and inside the content add your 3 line descriptions.

That way the grid will link to the blog pages. But unfortunately, you will not have the arrows functionality as you will goto the blog post itself.

That is what I can suggest as an alternative and it is not possible to disable lightbox with a simple code it will need intensive customization, to answer your last question.

If you can provide some code, it seems to be a small bit of code. Function - Telling the pic to display this thumb image this size (maybe 200x200) - then telling the pic to link to the page to display the image plus in what resolution Maybe 950x600, then adding to that page some arrows that link to next page and next image. , then adding the title text and then detailed text of image, also being mobile friendly. It seems the photo placement and the layout for just placing images should be and can be more robust.

Photo - Grid x what 1-2-3-4-5-= not section only, the image layout
Display Style - Custom
Image Link- Custom
Image or Grid Spacing - Custom
Link Image- custom - If mage is clicked on
Thumb - Image link to media file
Cover Main thumb Image could be different Image - Choose Cover image
Hover Thumb - Chose a roll over Thumb url link or invert the image on rollover

Hi there,

That is not a simple code, unfortunately, it is a complete customization request with lot’s of work to do and is outside of our support scope.

We did try to give you alternatives to somewhat similar functionalities if you insist to have the functionality you are welcomed to ask for pair freelance developers help you can find in the X Facebook User Group.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.