Gravity forms will not update with theme

Hello,

When I try to update my gravity forms, I get multiple errors when using the Query Monitor plugin in WP (attached). How can I fix these issues?

Some back story - I posted 2 weeks ago when I had issues updating to 6.5.5. Most issues were fixed, but there was still some css issues in a few of some of our custom pages that our developers built (we use WP as our front end, but then have a homemade app that users log into that is not connected to WP besides theme I believe).

Our developers told me do not update the theme, that we never have to update it because things were working (could I get a verification on this statement? It is my understanding we SHOULD update) rolled it back to the 4.3.4 with a backup they had, and things works besides X saying it is not validated and Gravity forms won’t update, but the forms still work.

I reached out to GF and tested and it works just fine on the default theme. Is this happening because we need to update X ? Our cornerstone is updated also, when before we did the initial update cornerstone was not.

Thank you for any advice you may have.Edited to include the image.

Hi @ktsterling,

Thank you for writing in, since your reverted back the X to the 4.3.4, you should downgrade the Cornerstone to its Compatible version as well. To do this, you can deactivate and delete your current Cornerstone (3.5.4) and reinstall it from X > Addons.

Now your issue with gravity forms could be because of the customization you made on the child theme or it could be because your Wordpress itself is outdated.

I advise that you ask assistance to your developer updating X, Cornerstone, and Wordpress, and other plugins.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins
Updating WordPress

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello @friech,

I will talk to the developers before downgrading cornerstone and will not update the X theme without talking to them first since we have customizations. We have the most updated version of WordPress, so I am guessing it is a customization on the child theme. When I use the gravity forms debugger tool it updates fine in the default WordPress theme. Will discuss with the developers who made the customization to the child theme. I will let you know how that progresses!

In the meantime, could you let me know if staying on 4.3.4 and not upgrading it at all for the foreseeable future is fine as the devs said?

Thank you for your wisdom!

Hi @ktsterling,

It should be fine as long as there are no conflicts, but given that you have already updated your Wordpress then there will be conflicts versus the older versions of theme and plugins. Hence, it’s best to restore the entire site so all parts will stay older and compatible.

Then you can work on the staging or development site for the updated versions.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

Great thank you!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.