Gravity Forms Appear on Back-end but not the Live Site

Hello,

We have had a copy of Gravity Forms for about 8 years on our site, investba(dot)com. Last week we designed a new version of the site on a subdomain called investba.com/dev/ and this week our hosting company migrated investba.com/dev/ to investba(dot)com. Before the migration we exported all Gravity forms (20 ) and contacts (several thousand) to .csv files. Now we have created a new form for the new version of my site, so we just have and want 1 Gravity Form. Unfortunately, the form never appears on the live version of the site. It appears in the back-end in the Cornerstone Visual Editor, but it does not appear on the front end of the site. I am pasting below the response from the hosting company. Hopefully this is something you can help us with. If you need my login credentials, I will send those as well in this thread.

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Support. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Checking within the site dashboard, we do see that the form described is appearing when viewing the page through the cornerstone page builder, but this form is not appearing on the home page either when logged into the dashboard or otherwise. Checking further for any additional information we could locate we did notice something very strange.

The form being set is not appearing on the site at “https://investba.com”, but it appears to appear on the home page for “https://investba.com/dev/” (though the form is not loading because Gravity Forms is not installed to that site.

We’ve reviewed the site configuration and can confirm without any doubt that there is no longer any reference to the /dev site located there, and see as well that these two site installations are using separate databases. This indicates that some setting within the cornerstone page builder itself is still referencing the previous installation location; however, we are not certain on correction as we do not provide direct support for this builder plugin.

We would advise to reach out to the developers of this plugin for additional review. Its likely that their product requires an additional update step when being moved but they would need to confirm what correction would entail. We do apologize for any inconvenience regarding this matter.

Please let us know if you have any further questions; we are more than happy to help.

Best Regards,
Felipe Gi.

InMotion Hosting

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for that update. Yes, that update helped resolve the issue with the URL, but I am still having trouble seeing the contact form on the site.

I am attaching screenshots showing what it looks like on the front and back ends.

When I edit the page https://investba.com/x/#/content/14/layout the form appears at the bottom, but it does not appear live on the site.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Best regards,

Hello @InvestBA,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I tested your website on my local setup and noticed two completely different events:

1. When I opened the home page and previewed the website (while logged in) website is working absolutely fine and form is also displaying. Please see screencast:
  2. However, I also thought to see in Incognito mode (logout) in Chrome and I see that the layout is broken and form is also not loading up. Further checking the dev console I see the CSS and JS files are missing and returning 404 not found error. Please see screencast.

Here is the screenshot of the error message I am seeing:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () https://investba.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js?ver=6.0.4
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () https://investba.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/css/dist/site/integrity-light.css?ver=6.0.4

The layout is broken because CSS file is missing. On your server, do you have any cache application running? If yes, pease try clearing cache. Other issue can be of migration issues. There might be a case of broken files while migration. I suggest, you to take a look at our site migration guide.

You also have the option to download fresh copy of X Theme (from members area or themeforest) and upload the missing files in the same path (check the error message and the path of the files) using FTP softwares like Filezilla. I am sharing the link that you can take a look to get started with Filzilla:

https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-use-filezilla-with-wordpress-8956

Thanks.

Hello Prasant,

Thanks for your detailed response. I shared it with the hosting provider thinking they might be able to resolve the issue. I am pasting their response below. If you have any additional advice or recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hello Invest,

Thank you so much for contacting our support team! I am sorry to hear you are having a problem with your site. I did reinstall the theme provided. When reinstalling it, it did not resolve the problem with your front page. However, when looking at the information into the console and coding of your site, it does appear that there are references to the old /dev site. This is embedded within the files themselves and not the database which we have determined is not using those URL’s any longer. It does appear that there may be some settings within Cornerstone or your site files that is referencing the /dev portion of your site. Unfortunately, we would not be able to advise what files these are specifically. I would recommend reaching out to a website developer and advising them that they can look at the image within the browser console and show that the site is loading that image from /dev but there are no traces in the database. They may be able to assist you with pinpointing within your site files the information is being kept. I am sorry that I was not able to resolve this for you, but hopefully this does point you in the right direction.

Please let us know if you have any further questions; we are more than happy to help.

Best Regards,
Ryan D.

Hi Patrick,

It seems that you haven’t properly migrated your staging site to the live site. That is why they are seeing links to old dev site. Please follow our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126), so that your site should function properly.

Let us know if that helps.
Thanks!

Thank you for your detailed reply. I shared it with the hosting company and they sent me the following response. I do not believe they have fixed the issue, because I am still seeing strange boxes and no contact form on the live version of the site. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hello Invest,

Thank you for following up with us with these updated instructions.

We’ve followed the steps provided using the recommended “WP migrate DB” plugin noted in the article. The database has been extracted and imported into the database currently being used by the site on investba.com. At this time could you please test to confirm if this has corrected your issue. If you have any further issue, please these steps are for an end user and would be within your capacity, so please feel free to attempt them on your end as well. Otherwise, please reach follow up with the developers of the builder for further troubleshooting options.

Hey Patrick,

I tried to access your site but the given credentials does not work. I see that you’re using an outdated version of X and you’re using the latest version of Cornerstone. Please update X to the latest version as version incompatibility can result to issues.

Also, we would like to know if this is an issue with X parent theme. Please switch to the parent theme and check if the issue persists.

Also test using the default WordPress theme and let us know the results.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.