Gravity Form Compatibiltiy

Hi is there a plan to update compatibility to Gravity form in the near future. It has been a long time.

See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/gravity-form-does-not-work-with-pro/49592?u=torah541

Hi @Torah541,

Thanks for reaching out.

The last test was conducted last December and the issue isn’t replicated. In case we overlooked something, would you mind providing more details on how to reproduce it?

The test was for 2.3.6 to 2.4.1 and it’s working just fine. Please provide the site’s URL and admin login credentials so we could test it directly. The one in your old threads are now inaccessible.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help.

When I try to upgrade from Gravity Forms 2.3.6 to the latest version, my entire website does not work. It is not accessible to me (I can’t log in) and it is not accessible to others.

Please see below the Gravity Form Plugins and Add-Ons that I have installed. I tried updating all and I had the problem. I also tried updating only the plugin Gravity Form.

Please try and troubleshoot for me.

I have sent my login info via secure note.

Hi @Torah541,

Unfortunately, I can’t update it, plus, your site is live. Perhaps the reason it’s not updating properly is that it’s blocked like your screenshot? The issue could be that the plugin isn’t updated properly causing an internal error. I recommend contacting Gravity Form author about the update issue, then we’ll continue checking the compatibility issue once all are setup.

Thanks!

I blocked it because whenever I would update it the site would become disabled. Today, I temporarily unblocked it and updated and the site was disabled.

On your site it says that Gravity Forms is only compatible up until version 2.3.3. see: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Can you please contact Gravity Form and discuss this issue.

Hello @Torah541,

We will be in communication with our developers about the full support of Gravity forms for the next release update cycle of the theme. Meanwhile, always keep in mind that you are using CloudFlare and every time you update WordPress core, the theme or any plugin, you must login to CloudFlare. You must purge your site cache so that the latest codes will be used and not the cache version of the site. Doing this step every updates will prevent you from having any site troubles after your updates.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I tried purging all the cache in Cloudflare as well as on Cloudways. I still had the same issue: As soon as I tried updating Gravity my site became disabled. I need to restore the site to make it operational again.

Hi @Torah541,

Do you have any staging site were we can test the updates and see how your site looks like after this updates? The staging site is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Cheers.

Okay, I created a staging area in Cloudways. The address of the staguing area is here:

https://wordpress-96281-739768.cloudwaysapps.com/

Please try updating the Gravity Form plugin there and you will see the error.

Okay my staging area is here https://wordpress-96281-739768.cloudwaysapps.com/

Hey @Torah541,

I uploaded the Gravity Forms version 2.4.3.2 in your staging site and after activating, I got the 500 Internal Server error. But here’s the catch, I switched to the 2019 theme first before updating.

That means that this is not an issue with Pro. This could be an issue with your server and/or WordPress setup. But to be sure, delete your current staging setup and copy your live site again. This time, delete the Pro theme and child theme first then update Gravity Forms.

I’ve also installed the said version of Gravity Forms to all of my test sites and I didn’t get an Internal Server Error. This means that this is not a bug because otherwise, I will get the same issue in all if not most of my test sites.

I understand that my response will be disappointing but we do need to test if our products are causing the issue. Unless there’s a clear replication or recording of how our product or in this case, Pro is causing the issue, we would be happy to investigate further. The setup must not have any optimization like caching, CDN and third party plugins so we could get to the bottom of what’s causing the issue. You also need to give us the staging’s FTP access because there’s nothing we could do if we get the HTTP 500 error if we only have WordPress Admin access.

At this stage and given my findings, please contact the Gravity Forms support for this. Tell them that you have switched to the default WordPress theme then updated Gravity Forms then you got the 500 Internal Server Issue.

Getting a 500 Internal Server Error after updating a theme or plugin is a common issue even outside Gravity Forms and our products though. Sometimes the fix for that is simply clearing all caches and deactivating all plugins and updating them deactivated. Sometimes, renaming the plugin folder in wp-content will bring your site back up then rename back the plugin folder again then reactivate the plugins in WP Admin.

Thank you.

Thanks for your wonderful help. I found out the issue. It is a Gravity Form Add-on called Repeater. It is no longer supported and caused the error. See here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/partially-solved-gravity-forms-2-4-compatibility/

Apparently Gravity Form is adding a repeater of their own.

You are most welcome!
It’s good to know that you have figured out the cause of the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.