Gravity Form 2.4 Upgrade Bug

Upgrading Gravity Form 2.4 onto my Pro takes down the site and makes it unusable.

In a previous Gravity Form update about a year ago the same thing happened.

Hi There @Torah541

Thanks for writing in! First of all, make sure that you’re running PHP v5.6.x or later on your server to avoid incompatibility issues.

You can also enable WP_DEBUG mode on your WordPress (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG) and re-test your page and see if you’re getting any PHP errors. You can then search those errors on a search engine to find more information or you can report to the plugin developer, if it is related to them

Hope that helps.

I am running PHP 7.0

Do you know that Gravuty Forms caused this problem in the past and Xtheme needed to update Pro to fix the problem. I don’t want to start all the troubleshooting (which I am not familar with) if there is a compatibility issue between Pro/Gravity

I received the following error

Fatal error: Cannot declare class GF_Field_Repeater, because the name is already in use in /home/96281.cloudwaysapps.…ms/class-gf-field-repeater.php on line 0

Okay, Cloudways did troubleshooting for me and they told me that issue is the Gravity Form Repeater AddOn. It has a conflict with Pro. Can you please fix this issue.

Hello Torah,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please share website login details in secure note, I would like to take a closer look at the setup.

Thanks.

I sent secure info.

please don’t do anything that will cause our site to go down. Tonight is a very busy registration period and the site MUST not go down/ Please wait until Dec 1st or later before you MODIFY ANYTHING. Obviously if you want to look at the settings, that is fine.
I had this issue once before and it was related not to Gravity Form but to Envira see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/backend-inaccessible-envira-1-7-0-2-cornerstone-2-1-4-conflict/13179?u=torah541

Hello @Torah541,

Please do not update Gravity Forms yet. The latest version may not be compatible with the latest version of the theme yet. At the moment, we haven’t tested 2.4 and it is up to 2.3.3 that is supported.

We will have to testing 2.4 first and until then, please do not update the plugin.

Ok, thanks. How will I know when it is ready?

Hey There,

Once we got it tested and it is already supported, the compatibility page will be updated or the another release update cycle will be release to make sure that the theme is compatible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi, Any progress on this issue?

Hello @Torah541,

Unfortunately as of now I don’t have an update on Gravity Form to share with you. Once the testing is over, our version compatibility page will get updated with the relevant version information.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.