Google tag manager installation - Body tag

Hi,

I am trying to add Google Tag Manager tags to my site, I’ve successfully added other tracking codes and functions to the head in the past using add_action hooks to the child theme functions.php file. But, Google Tag Manager requires you to add an additional tag into the body and I haven’t been able to make this work. I have tried to use the x_after_body_begin and x_before_site_begin to do this (as suggested by other threads on this topic) and neither have worked for me.

I found this thread (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/google-tag-manager-issues/450/5) that talked about copying the x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_header.php into x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_header.php, then adding the code from there. But I don’t have a /legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_header.php file in my child theme folder and I don’t know how to create this.

I have also tried using a third party plugin and that also did not work,

Any advice would be appreciated, thought this would be relatively straightforward but have wasted hours on this.

Hi Ariane,

Thank you for writing in, the instruction on that other thread should have work.

You need to create the path (folders) on your child theme x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/ and copy the file _header.php from the parent X theme.

You need to do this via FTP or your cPanel’s File Manager.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.