Google Tag Manage and Google Analytics

Hello,

I tried the fix posted above and I don’t think it’s working. (I opened an incognito window and went to my site, then checked the real-time traffic on Google Analytics—it showed 0 visitors.)

Can you please look?
Thank you,
Shannon

Hi, there,

Please take a look at the solution on the answer https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/google-tag-manage-and-google-analytics/8966/3?u=rafaelgou above.

Your Google Analytics script tag is missing attributes and a temporary solution is provided until next extension update.

Thanks!

Hi!

I did what you suggested. I still can’t get it to work. I’ve spent hours trying to figure it out. This is not the first site that I connect to my Google Analytics account, but I do have issues with Pro doing it. Could you login to my site and see what’s up?

Hi, there,

It seems there was some caching issue avoiding the code to work. At first, I was unable to save Google Analytics snippet (always cleaning the <script> tag attributes).

So I edit the plugin, confirm that you did the fix correctly; I saved again, then (just that) and then I was able to save the snippet on plugin’s screen, and now it works.

Please confirm if everything is ok on your end.

Thanks!

I already did this, but it doesn’t work. Can you help?

Hi, there,

Could share your site credentials on a Secure Note so we can take a look?

Thanks!

Hi!

I can’t see that it works unfortunately. I’m trying to connect Google Analytics Dashboard and that gives me an 401 error message. What am I doing wrong?

Hi! I FINALLY got it to work. I still don’t quite get it but it works now at least. Google’s own info on this is surprisingly bad, I believe. Maybe someone should make an idiot proof set up guide in the Themeco Forum? That would be so awesome. Too bad I’m not good enough to help.

Thank you!

<3
A

Glad to hear it works!

1 Like

Hello rafaelgo,

I’ve replaced the line 30 but that did not help. What can I do?

I also have a topic open regarding this.

Hi, @elxdesign2016, @Tolliver,

Any cases that the fix didn’t work was related to some code cache - you update the line, but the server doesn’t read the change.

What you can do about it:

  • Be sure to clear any cache you have (WP plugin, server).
  • Edit and save the plugin file through Wordpress (go to Plugins, click on Edit right below Google Analytics plugin, tco-google-analytics/functions/options.php on the right, change the line, save it).

If you still have issues, please share your WP credentials on Secure Note so we can assist you.

Thanks!

I have been following this thread very closely as I have the same problem on various sites using X, both standard and Pro. I have replaced the code via the Wordpress Plugin>edit and yet like so many people I still cannot get any activity showing on Google analytics, even when I send test traffic from the analytics dashboard. When do you think there is going to be a bug fix released as it seems I am just holding back the flames of my clients who want to know where their tracking data has gone?

We have no ETA on when the fix will be released. For now, if the temporary fix is not working for you, try using a different analytics plugin. If results still doesn’t show up, the problem might not come from the plugin. It could be wrong UA code or other plugins conflicting with Google Analytics.

Thanks.

Hi, there,

Please update the extension as this error has been fixed in this release (2.0.3).

After that, feel free to post here if the error still occurs.

Thanks!

It’s still editing the code when i paste it. The screenshot below shows the original code (top) and the resulting code when i click update (bottom)

Hi Thanks for the update. I deleted the old plugin and installed 2.0.3. Unfortunately I am still not receiving any data from my site(s). I am still seeing 0 on realtime traffic even when I use Googles 'Send Test Traffic"

Hi, there,

After the update, please be sure to do the following:

  • Open Google Analytics (GA) extension’s admin page;
  • Copy and paste again your GA script and save it;
  • After reloading, check if the GA code is ok on the input field (the script tag has async and src attributes).

If that’s not the case and you’re using 2.0.3 version, you’re facing caching issues - the update code is not being used yet. Be sure to clean any WP or server caches.

If it’s ok, open a page of your site and check the sources for the GA code. It must be complete, with the script tag containing async and src attributes.

Please feel free to send your credentials using a Secure Note so we can take a look.

Thanks!

Thanks thats fixed it

You’re welcome.