Google Maps Pushing Content/Margins for No Reason?

So I’ve experimented with the following:

Changed the page containing the google maps element to:
No Container
Container

In addition tried:
Using the new Maps element
Using the Classic maps Element
Using raw content element.

But no matter what I do, the maps goes off the margins of the page as well as creates an epic amount of white space.

Ive attached login credentials as a secret note. Thank you.

EDIT 1:
I’ve gona ahead and attached screenshots of the issue.
I’ve accidentally reproduced it on another page, and have zero idea to why this is occurring.

As you can see, in cornerstone it looks fine, but in live it does not.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I checked the contact page and found out that at the first load it is working ok then all of a sudden it goes out of rails.

I checked the same page by making a template of the Cornerstone and installing the page on my local installation and it worked correctly:

That shows the core code of the theme is ok and there is something in your environment that is causing the issue.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Change the Child Theme to Parent Theme

Thank you.

Plugins were disabled and the issue persisted.

Cache has been purged multiple times.

No custom CSS or Javascript.

I am hesitant to lose the benefits of a child theme.

I’ve tried setting a max-height parameter through CSS, because upon inspection, something was applying a style to that section and that section only.

Unfortunately that did not work, (although I am not against the idea that I executed the code incorrectly. Would you mind perhaps providing me with perhaps how the CSS would be coded?)

In the end, I replaced the section with a classic section which include the style field whereas the new section element does not (any particular reason for this change?)

And set the max-height within that field.

Still no idea what is causing the sections to be styled.

Edit 1: Also, how come the ability to add classic sections isn’t available globally?
I was able to use one on my about us page, but the option is gone on my contact page?

Hello There,

The classic section, classic rows and classic column can be added by pressing CMD key on Mac or Control key in Windows.

By the way, it seems ParticleJS WP plugin is generating a JS error on the page. This could cause and issue or even break other theme features or functions. Please make sure that this plugin is properly set up.

Hope this helps.

I’ll definitely look into this issue, thank you for letting me know.

One final related question.

With the style, class, and id fields removed on the new version of gap, text, and other elements, what would be the best practice to assign classes and other things to them now?

Would it be through css? Am I just not looking in the right place? As you can see, it’s my first foray into X since the X/Pro split.

Thank you,

Hi There,

Most Elements will still have a class, id box on the customize tab.

Some of them dont, the best way to target this elements would be to give an ID or class to the column or section which they are placed instead to give an id or class to the elements themselves.

Hope it helps

Strangely enough, I don’t see those fields on most of my elements, and they only appear when utilizing the classic element.

For example, gap element doesn’t have css, style, or id fields, but the classic gap does.

The button element doesn’t, the classic button does.

Additionally, this is applicable with sections, columns, and most of my elements.

Is this normal behavior?

Hi there,

I added a Test Page on your installation, added the Gap element and clicked on the Customize tab and there are the ID and Class options:

The style option is not available in the new elements as they will soon have the new feature available in upcoming releases called Element CSS.

Thank you.

You are all super clutch. Thanks for the informative/helpful replies.

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.