Google maps api not showing anything

I’ve created a google api, added it to my page and checked it’s restrictions to my site but nothing seems to be showing up on my page. It’s just a blank box. Can someone help me out and let me know if there’s still a glitch with this or if it’s something I’m not seeing.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try disabling your 3rd party plugins and test this issue again? If the issue resolved, you can then enable one plugin at a time to see which plugin cause this issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

I just went back and tried deactivating every plugin. No luck. Can it be something about the api key? Does a change need to be made on google’s setting or why would this still show up as a blank box without any error codes?

Hi there,

That is strange. Actually, there is no error on my browser console regarding the API Key problem. API seems to be ok.

The problem is that usually Google Map uses iFrame to show the map. I see no iFrame on your front end code! Is it possible that you create a new page with the Classic Google Map element and add the API key and the marker destination and then kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case?

Also, we will be grateful if you ask your hosting service provider that if they block iFrames in their settings or not.

Thank you.

So this is strange. It worked on my other test page so I went back and deleted the whole element. Put it back on with the API and it’s good to go… I have no idea why the iframe didn’t show up the first time but it works now.

Follow up question: How do I get the map to center my location when it’s pulled up?

by the way, thanks for the troubleshooting help!

Hey Jay,

Your Map Marker’s coordinates must be the same as your main coordinates which is the center of your map.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Christian.

You are welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.