* Google Map Pointer *

Greetings.

I have set up the Google maps correctly with an API key, and the correct LAT/LONG. However, the “Pointer” is not displaying on the map anymore. I no longer have the error message, “The page can’t load Google Maps” anymore. Everything on maps seems to work, except there is NO RED POINTER. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello Andy,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please share website URL so we can take a closer look? I tested the maps element in my dev setup and marker seems to be working fine. Please share the website URL so we can take a closer look.

In the meantime please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello Andy,

I have logged in and checked your map. It turns out that the map marker has a different longitude and latitude value than the map. They need to be same so that the marker will be visible. I went ahead and have fit it already.

Check your contact page now.

Thank you for fixing it on the contact page. I also have the map on the main page at the bottom. Can you please explain to me how to “change” the Map Marker’s lat & long to match the coordinates of the store?

Thank you!

Hello Andy,

Thanks for updating in!

Please edit your homepage and click your map. In the map settings, please take note of the longitude and latitude coordinates. Find the Map Marker 1 and click the magnifying glass icon for inspection.

When you are in the map Marker 1 settings, please insert the longitude and latitude which should be the same as the map settings.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.