Google Fonts not working in Ethos

Hi - I can’t seem to get any of the built-on Google fonts to work on my site. No matter what I do to change the header and body font, nothing is working.

Site: jimchristian.net
Wordpress version: 4.8.1
X-theme: 5.1.1

Hi there,

There seem to be no JS error when I checked on the console and I can’t see any code that should be added when you set a font family for the headers and body font.

Would you mind testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. Also, kindly make sure that you have everything up to date including the plugins in case the plugin conflict check does not work.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the admin logins of your site in a Secure Note so that we could check this further.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. I don’t know what changed, but I disabled the Font manager, and I’m allowed to use Google Fonts again. Not quite sure what the purpose of the Font Manager is though - it’s been a while since I used X so I’ll read up on it.

Cheers
Jim

Hey Jim,

Font Manager is a new way of using fonts in the X/Pro theme. If you want to know more about this feature, please check out this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-font-manager/101

Hope this helps.

1 Like