Google Fonts deactivated but showing in source code

Hello,
I have disabled Google Fonts in the customizer but in the source code it appears to be still active:

Our website is: https://www.managetopia.com
Perhaps I have missed something?
I need to ensure it is not listed in conjunction with the new GDPR laws in Europe, also System fonts are quicker.

Appreciate your assistance.

Many thanks

Hi,

To disable google fonts, you can add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file(wp-content/themes/x-child/functions.php)

Hope this helps

Hi @paul.r
Thanks for your reply.

I added the code to the functions file as instructed, but Google Fonts is still showing in the source code … same code as listed in my previous message :frowning_face:

Help!

Thanks again

Hi There @managet0p_xtheme

Did you try purging your server cache before testing your site? Also could you try disabling your 3rd party plugins and see if you can isolate your issue.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Thanks @mldarshana for your prompt reply,

I had already cleared the cache, etc. before testing, but cleared again after deactivating the 3rd party plugins.
Unfortunately, the Google Fonts source code is still showing.
I provided my WP credentials in a secure note in my above message.

Hope you received.
Really appreciate your assistance on this.

Thanks again

Hi there,

To fully disable Google Fonts without custom code, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to Theme Options → Typography
2. Enable use of the Font Manager
3. Click the Settings icon in the Bar and navigate to Fonts
4. Modify each font to reference a system font instead of a Google font
5. After these changes are saved, no references will be made to Google Fonts on the front end of your site. Additionally, you can immediately force Google Fonts to not load by adding this code to functions.php of a child theme:

add_filter( 'cs_load_google_fonts', '__return_false' );

Hope this helps.

Apologies @Jade for my late reply.
Just wanted to let you know, that the changes in the Settings icon did the trick and there is no longer reference to Google Fonts in the Source code.
Many thanks for your assistance :sunglasses:

You’re welcome. and glad we could help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.