Google Font used all over site suddenly broken

Hello,

I just made a small update to a headline on my site and all the fonts throughout the site just completely broke. Google font is still specified as the font but everything has defaulted to Times and Arial. Not sure how this could have happened - we’ve made no updates on our end with respect to typefaces. We need this rectified asap.

Looking more and the icons in the classic feature box have also broken. Our site is looking like a dog pile - we can’t have clients seeing this. Hoping someone can respond to this soon. - thx.

Hi There @Badpixel

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking the site URL assigned to this Themeco license, I see that you have updated your Cornestone plugin to the latest version (v3.3.8) but you’re still using an older version of X theme (v6.0.4). The latest version of X theme is v6.3.8 as you can see here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and also update any outdated plugins as well (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Once you’re fully updated, make sure to purge server cache (if you’re using a caching plugin) and also clear your browser cache before testing.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I updated conerstone just now as an attempt to rectify this problem. I have just updated the X theme as well as all the outdated plugins and the problem is still present.

Thanks

That’s the one - thanks

Icons are now working again but fonts are still broken. The font that should be across the site is Quicksand. Thanks again.

Hi Paolo,

I have tested your site again and I see that your icons and fonts are rendering now (see secure note). Could you please try clearing your browser cache and see how it goes.

If you have this issue on certain areas, please provide us with a screenshot along with an example link to your page to see the issue.

Thanks!

Awesome. All fixed.

Thanks,
p

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.