Google Auto Ads Not Showing Up

Summary
Summary
Summary
Summary

Recently I decided to try out google adsense on my site by adding an auto ads code to my header. Most videos / tutorials recommend going to the “Editor” option in wordpress, and inserting the line of code under the tags. However, this doesn’t work with X theme, as the tags aren’t there.

Summary
Summary
Summary

After searching through the forums, I still couldn’t find a way to get the ads to show.

Summary

I tried to do it by creating a child theme, but after doing so I couldn’t figure out where to place the line of code. I’ve tried using third party plug ins, but none have worked.

Summary

Obviously I’m far from tech savvy, and I imagine there’s a really simple solution right in front of me that I haven’t been able to figure out. If someone can walk me through what I need to do, and make it as simple as possible, it’d be greatly appreciated.

Summary
Summary
Summary

This text will be hidden

Hello @Michael_Tetkoski,

Thanks for asking.

I am not quite sure about the purpose of hiding the question into summaries and sub-sections. I had toggle each elements to fully understand the question.

Regarding the problem you are facing with Adsense, you can add the code inside article/post using Cornerstone text or raw content element. You also have the option to use plugins. You can take a look at following article for some suggestions:

To display Ads in header, please take a look at following tread:

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back so soon.

I hid the questions into summaries once I saw that my username was displayed and there is no way to change it / delete the question. I’d prefer if my name wasn’t on display as it could cause issues with my employer. If there is any way to do either of those, I’d love to know how.

Thanks.

Hello @Michael_Tetkoski,

Thanks for updating the thread.

If you are referring to the user name (as shown in screenshot), then you have the option to change the display name and user name. You can share the same with us in a secure note and we will make those changes for you.

Thanks.

Summary

Yes that would be great thanks!

Hello @Michael_Tetkoski,

Thanks for updating the thread.

To share share login details or sensitive information please always use Secure Note feature so that the information is i between you and Themeco staff. I have moved the details to secure note.

However, you have shared the email and password (there is no need to share password). Can you please let me know the display name you would like to have Or you want the email address to be the display name? Please confirm and I will do the changes.

Thanks.

Oh I apologize I thought that’s what the “hide details” option did.

Hello There,

Your username has been changed.

Here is a much faster solution without editing your child theme’s functions.php file. Simply install “Insert Headers and Footers” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/) in your site. Then go to the dashboard, Settings > Insert Headers and Footers and insert your Google Add code in the header section.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Unfortunately I tried that plugin a few days ago and it didn’t work, and after trying again yesterday and checking back today it still isn’t working. I’ve tried ad inserter as well.

I’m not sure if I’m just being impatient, because some people say it takes a few days for them to show up, but I’ve tried several different plugins for several days at a time and nothing ever shows up. I disabled the caching plugin I use on my site, but that didn’t change anything. I’ve even gone back to check the auto ads code to make sure I didn’t do anything wrong with the settings.

I’ve really tried just about everything I can think of, so any recommendations are appreciated. I feel like there has to be something super simple that I’m missing. I don’t know why it’s so hard to add a simple line of code to the header. I added my google analytics code no problem, and I figured auto ads would be the same way.

Thanks again for all the help so far.

Hi There,

There might be a syntax error in your code when you used the code editor in your website.

Could you please provide us with your Google Ads Code in the secure notes so we can provide a correct code for you?

After that you should login to your cPanel then edit directly the functions.php file locates in your child theme.

Regards!

Will do. Also, is there anyway to delete the previous posts of this thread? They contain my old username which I’d rather not be displayed for privacy reasons.

Hello There,

I have unlisted this thread so that only you and our staff can be the thread.

By the way, the Insert headers and footers plugin should work for you. These are the easiest solution when you want to insert a code in your header or footer. Several users were using this plugin to have a no edit solution for inserting a code.

Have you check these articles already?
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7480616?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/113262?hl=en&ref_topic=1307438

Hope this helps.

I reactivated the insert headers and footers plug in and entered my ad code, but after waiting a full day still no ads showed up. I really feel like there has to be some small detail I’m missing.

I’ve double checked my code. I turned off my caching plug in. I’ve tried 4 different ad inserter plug ins. I tried to insert it manually via the editor on a child theme. I honestly can’t think of what I’m not doing.

I’ve read those articles, but setting up auto ads isn’t the problem, it’s getting them to show up.

Is there anything else I could potentially be missing?

Hey @user1234,

Regretfully, that last thing that we could do here is check if your ads code is outputted in the front-end. If it does then there’s probably a problem with your Google Ads setup. That is not covered in our support service.

We also do not have support for third party plugins. We could only lead you to the right direction and that is to output code inside the <head>.

Please give us the URL of your site so we could check if your code is outputted.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.