Google analytics plugin

My users in google analytics dropped off over a week ago to almost zero, well below the number of times I myself go to the site so I know something is wrong. Even real time data shows zero when I know multiple devices are on the website.
Can you check to see if it is an issue with the plugin?

Hi There @clefler

Thanks for writing in! I’m sorry but, Google Tag Manager code is not supported by the google analytics extension that comes with X. We have already informed this issue to our developers.

Solution is to implement your Google tag manager code using a 3rd party plugin like this (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duracelltomi-google-tag-manager/). Or else, try following this detailed guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/google-tag-manager-not-working/36341/2?u=mldarshana) on how to implement it manually.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

im not using the tag manager, just plain old analytics code

Hi @clefler,

As I checked your setup, I could see this google tag manager.

Please try to test for manual implementation as mentioned above.

Could not be able to check further because the admin credential that you shared is not an administrator. Please make us admin so we could check deeper.

Thank you so much.

I will check and have made the login an admin

Is it better to just add the tracking code gtag.js to header.php in my pro-child theme?
Then I can drop one plugin off my site

yes you can add the code via Child theme function file to the header of the site.

Please use this php code to add the script.

function my_custom_js() {
    echo '<script type="text/javascript" >
  // your script here 
    </script>';
}
// Add hook for admin <head></head>
add_action( 'admin_head', 'my_custom_js' );

Hope this helps!

Thanks, In the end I decided to use a different plugin

You’re most welcome.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.