Google Analytics Not Pushing to GA Account

Hi,

As of December 20, Google Analytics stopped firing on my site. I have double checked to enable the tool within the theme options, added my tracking ID direct from my existing account, to no avail.

Following options have all been exhausted:

• Using Google Analytics plugin from theme, no data coming through.
  • MonsterInsights, also no data coming through.
  • Insert Header and Footer plugin, cannot see the gtag ooutput when checking the developer tools in Firefox and Chrome.
  • GADWP, also not showing live, real-time data with cleared cache, incognito.

I’m at my wits end, this has been persisting for 3 weeks with no data, except for a small blip on December 23, with 3 visitors, a drastic change from norm. I should at least see real-time traffic while visiting incognito or logged out on my manual views, even if outside traffic has dropped off.

I believe login credentials are in a secure note, freel free to look around and adjust settings.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that you have forgotten to add your credentials in a secure note. However to troubleshoot this issue further, I would suggest you to disable all of your plugins except Cornerstone plugin.

Then activate one one your preferred analytics plugin and see if you’re getting any data. If the issue is resolved, then you can activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin conflicts with your Google analytics.

If you have enable any caching on your server, make sure to disable them while you’re testing.

If you’re using a child theme, you can also disable it temporally to see if your child theme customizations causing this issue.

Most importantly, make sure that you’re fully updated including X theme and Cornerstone plugin. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/changelog/) and update accordingly by following our guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

I turned off all plugins except Cornerstone and the ThemeCo GA plugin. I see via http://www.gachecker.com/ that the code is on most pages, but I still do not have data in my analytics account. I have checked several IP addresses, ones I know are not filtered out of our account to no data.

Please feel free to inspect the site and look around.

Hello Jennifer,

The given credentials is not working for us. It seems that the password is incorrect.
Please double check it.

Thank you in advance.

/sigh I’ve never figured out why WP habitually “forgets” passwords. Updated in the first secure note.

Hi Jennifer,

I just disabled the Total Cache and WP Minify plugins and the Gachecker started to see it

I recommend using just one optimization plugin to prevent this issue, example, you can utilize the Total Cache minify feature instead of using another.

Thanks!

I’m going to call this tentatively closed – there was an errant minify setting in W3 Total Cache that caused issues. We are now seeing live traffic. Thank you for looking into the issue!

Glad you were able to figure it out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.