Google analytics isn't working

Hi,

May I know where you have added your css code. If you added it in Theme Options > CSS no need to copy it but you added it in your parent theme’s style sheets then you need to copy those codes and add it to your child theme’s style.css

I can see you have wp fastest cache installed so make sure to clear your plugin cache after doing changes to your site.

Thanks

I added it in Theme Options > CSS on my normal theme, now I switched to child theme and none of those options are staying… I don’t understand what’s going on with my website after this update, I wanna switch back

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /home4/degalbo2/themmaguru.com/wp-content/themes/x-child/functions.php on line 37

I followed your advice and copied over everything on my function.php and Now my website isn’t loading at all.

I can’t access my website at all now, I have no idea what to do

Hi There,

You need to connect through your FTP and remove your code added to the child theme’s functions.php.

Then copy and paste all your code in your child theme’s functions.php file into an online tool like this (https://pastebin.com/) and share the code URL here, so that we can check.

Thanks!

Hey,

I just used file zilla to erase childs theme, so now I’m on normal x theme and need to figure out the google analytics problem again…

Hi There,

Please try with the Google Analytic version 3.0.0 under X > Validation:

You just need to insert the Google Analytics ID:

If you’re still having this issue, please provide us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Hey, please set up google analytics for me… I’ll leave my logins in the secure note

It was just working and now it’s not working again… any update on this?

Hello There,

I have temporarily turn off your caching plugins (Autoptimize and WP Fastest Cache) for the moment to be able to troubleshoot this issue. It turns out that Monster Insight is having a conflict with Google Analytics plugin. Please chose which one you will use and if you prefer Monster insights, you must set up Google Analytics in your dashboard, Insights > Settings > General > Google Authentication. You will also need to disable the Google Analytics plugin in X > Google Analytics that is if you prefer Monster Insights.

You also mentioned that your favicon is not working. Please go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity and upload your image for the site icon.

Hope this helps.

Hey, I deleted the monster plug and am using the plugin x theme offers and my analytics still aren’t tracking.

okay, so when I use your plugin it works half-assed and the tracking code shows on my actual website head that everyone can see… clearly you guys fucked up this update because I’ve talked to like 6 different people on your support team and no one has figured this out.

Disabled your analytics plugin until someone can help me figure this out… everything was fine until I updated the theme :man_facepalming:

Hi,

Please remove the content you added as meta tag.

The plugin will generate the code based on your google analytics id.

Meta tag section is for google site verification

eg.

Thanks

Hey,

I deleted the Meta tag however it still isn’t tracking for me.

Hi,

Upon further testing I was able to replicate this issue on my test site,

I will forward this to our web development team for review.

For now please install this thrid party plugin

and add your complete analytics code(with ) in Scripts in Header

Thanks

Hi-
I am having a similar issue in that I get an error message the minute I activate the Google Analytics plug in via Pro. Even after I input the ID and update. In order to get rid of the error message I have to deactivate the plugin. Any ideas, on how to fix this?

Hello @jennwilner,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

My colleague @paul.r has shared solution, I suggest you to please try it out by installing Insert Headers and Footers. Having said that, even though the problem is similar please avoid posting on thread created by a different user. Most of the time it creates lot of confusion and slows down the response time.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.