Google Analytics Extension Doesn't Install

I am trying to install and activate the Google Analytics extension but I get a message saying “error encountered” and when I click on details it says “no plugin specified.” Is this plugin not functioning correctly at the moment? Or if it is, how can I install it? See a screenshot of the error message below.

Hi there,

I tried this in my installation and the Google Analytics plugin installs without any issue. Please try revoking your license then validate the site and try to install the plugin again.

Here are the steps in Revoking a licenses:

If you are not seeing the revoke validation option on the top of the page, try scrolling to the most bottom part of the page.

Let us know how it goes.

I did this and I’m still getting the same error. Do the production and staging domains have to be the same?

Hi @PMP,

Thanks for updating the thread!

There should not be any issue as far as your site is validated.
I am also tested the installing the plugins and its working fine on my end too. I can see you are using an older version of the theme. Please update the theme to the latest version and test again if that might be the issue. Also please check the following troubleshooting for the possible fix.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
    Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi there, and thanks for your reply. I currently have version 2.4.5 installed and automatic updates turned on (checked every 12 hours). However, when I click the button to check now, I get the following error message: Unable to check for updates. Try again later.

It seems neither the theme updates nor the extensions can be installed at the moment, as I tried with a different extension and got the same error message I did when I tried to install Google Analytics.

This is very frustrating, especially since Pro is such an expensive theme. Google Analytics is usually very easy to set up simply by adding a bit of code to the section. I can’t understand why Pro wouldn’t offer this same option for times like this when the plugins don’t work. Looking forward to your help.

Hi. I’ve managed to figure this out on my own (with the help of Google). It was an issue that arose from having a multisite Wordpress install. Thanks.

Glad you’ve sorted it out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.