Google analytics anonymized ip

So guys if you make a update please update your FAQ as well. Google analytics extension changed on the last update. (it was a downgrade no update sorry to be honest). I´m pretty mad about this because it stoped the complete tracking until retipping the id new.

Please tell me how to activate anonymized ip on this stupid form? This feature is really importend for people how live in the eu and there is no documentation about it. Before it was so much better with pasting the code.

Hello @tommy_1982,

Thanks for asking.

Please take a look at the solution mentioned in following thread and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

ok, but it works only if I edit the file on the ftp. rather complex earlier it was much easier.

Hello There,

In that case, please deactivate Google Analytics extension first. At then install “Insert Headers and Footers” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/). Once installed, go to the Settings > Insert Headers and Footers and paste your code in the headers section.

This will not require any code or edits. Simply copy and paste the code in the header area of the plugin.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.