Global font settings are overridden on headlines

Hi,

I’m new to X Theme and I’m using the Pro version.

I’m having a hard time understanding the logic of font settings and headline elements.

I’ve set a Google font for headlines and body text under the theme options. When I add a headline element on a page, the font set under global settings is not applied to any of the headline elements. It doesn’t matter which text format option I select, Inherit or Headings, the font used on the element is not the same as defined in theme options. Am I missing something obvious here?

This global font-family setting is always overridden by something else:
font-family: “Bangers”,display;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: 400;

Another related question:
What is the correct way to add global styling on X theme? Such as setting a top margin for every H2 HTML-element on the site? Should I add a custom CSS code somewhere or is there a way to do this within the theme?

Hello There,

Is the Font Manager enabled? You can check this settings in X > Theme Options > Typography. And Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 2.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

You can add this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

h2, .h2 {
     margin-top: 15px;
}

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @thai,

Thanks for your reply.

The font manager is off since Google fonts are enough for us. Pro version is the latest 2.2.5. I just purchased and installed X theme and Pro this week.

You see an example and the CSS styles used here (we are still building the website):

There are no custom CSS styles on the site at the moment. Just plain X theme + Pro.

Hi,

For all elements with individual settings, the element settings will always override the global settings.

To get around this, you need to set element defaults using template manager.

Kindly refer to the link below for your guide.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi again,

Thanks, I found the right place!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.