Global blocks referenced in Content Dropdowns don't render properly in Header menus

I’m trying to implement a different form of navigation. I’ve created three Global Blocks and embedded them in three Content Area Dropdowns. In the designer they render correctly but when published, the Global Blocks disrupt the rendering.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Daryl

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for reaching out.

It’s seems you have now decided a standard menu instead of toggle type menu. As for the issue, it shouldn’t happen since the toggle content has absolute position, though, I can’t confirm what was your setup since it’s now changed.

Thanks!

Hello Daryl,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your header and global block settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

I added the Secure Note to the reply above as the current one doesn’t have the option.

Hi Daryl,

It’s due to extra <script></script>, and it’s a lot of them and added on every end of the global block. I have tried your setup on my installation but it’s not happening. And the only difference is I’m on the latest theme version. Could you try updating your theme first and test it? And don’t forget to backup you site first.

Thanks!

Updated to latest version (3.1.0). The spurious /script tags are still there. They are not paired properly i.e. there is an extra /script tag. I’ve checked and there is NO custom JS in the global theme, header or page. This is obviously a bug.

Hello @ConnectionPoint,

When using the Global Blocks inside the Content Area Modal element, always remember to turn OF the Dynamic Rendering option.

I went ahead and disabled it all and your header with the global blocks in it is now working perfectly.
Check your site now.

Is that guidance in the documentation? I didn’t see it…

Regardless, that worked - thanks!

Hello @ConnectionPoint,

What the Dynamic Rendering option does is it only loads the content in the modal or canvas when it’s active. To demonstrate that, please watch the video at https://youtu.be/NRZSgf9LdBA4

This option solves the issue of having videos, when added inside the modal, playing even if the modal is closed. There might also be other use cases but knowing how it works is the important bit here.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.