Global Blocks displaying Page Title in the Masthead

Hi team,

1. Question one How to add Page title in the masthead/global block.
    here is the link: https://swadesfilter.com/commercial-buildings/

in the above link i have created a global block to display bread crumbs and in the same global block i need to display the Page Title.

I copied the Global block short code to my child theme masthead header template.

Now the problem is i can’t get the page title using wp get title function.

Could some one please help.

1. I don’t want the global block visible in the home page.

Hey @rca4plugin,

Before I point you to the options you could use, please note that you do not need customizations or customize templates for this and we will not support issues coming from customizations. You also don’t need to use the Global Block.

I’d first point you to what you can do out of the box.

1. Instead of using Global Block add another bar below your first bar (logo and menu).
  2. Set this header as the Global Header or Multiple Assignments
  3. Add first a Headline element in the 2nd bar and set up the Post Title Dynamic Content. This will get the post or page title. You can read more about the Dynamic Content in this section in our Changelog
  4. Add the Breadcrumbs element below the Headline element.
  5. Duplicate the Global Header and assign this copy to the Front Page
  6. Edit this copy which is assigned to your front page now and remove the 2nd bar.

With your current setup, you would need to hire a third-party developer to show the title and display the global block to all pages other than the home page. Please note that It’s outside the scope of our product support to write custom code.

What I could do is point you to documentations in WordPress to help you get started. Please check the links below:

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the solution, i have applied it and it worked out exactly how needed.

But unfortunately, in mobile view the breadcrumb is not visible at all, please help me out.

Thanking you in advance!

You’re welcome, @rca4plugin,

The simplest solution for that is to duplicate the 2nd bar and do the following to the copy (the 3rd bar).

1. Set the Height to auto
  2. Set the Flex Layout to Column Layout.
  3. Set the Horizontal Flex Layout to Center (optional)
  4. Only show the 3rd bar in small screen sizes. You can do this using the Hide During Breakpoints feature.

Also, hide the 2nd bar on the small screens still using the Hide During Breakpoints.

Just a tip and in case you don’t know yet, you can rename the bars for easy management. To rename, double click on the bar name.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.