Glitchyness

Hi,
I’ve been having a few glitches lately. Instances where I’ve edited something and then it won’t let me re-edit it, only delete it, but I get a message saying it will display fine on the front screen. I’m running Chartiable and I first noticed it on the pages I have inserted their forms, so I reverted to designing those relevant pages on the traditional Wordpress editor. But then one of my USP Pro pages also went funny, and I’ve run USP pro for the past five months without issues. And now my FAQ page won’t let me edit in pro when I go to the admin area/page/edit but if I go to the website and click on the edit in pro button in the header it still works. It might be a conflict with one of my plug ins I guess, but charitable is the only non X Theme one I’m running, that isn’t on my other non glitchy website. Anyway you might not be able to do anything but I just thought I’d ask.
Kind regards.

Hi @curemyovariancancer,

Thanks for writing in!

Look like this is multisite setup, performing any action would cause damage to any other setup.
Can you please check this following points in your end.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    Hope this fixes your issue!
1 Like

Thanks I updated my PHP from 7.0 to 7.1 and clicked refresh and it appears normally again. Cheers.

Glad to hear everything is working fine now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.