Give blog and/or portfolio pages their own navigation menu

I am trying to set up own navigation menus for the blog page (and archives and posts) and/or portfolio items. When you click edit e.g. on the blog page there is the option to choose a onge page navigation but as we all know this is not working like on the normal pages. Setting this up gets ignored for the blog page.

I’ve found some old solutions on the old Themeco X-forum, but they seem not to work anymore.
To use the primary menu for blog and/or portfolio is not an option for me.

Any hints on how to manage this? Thanks!

This is an automated message to notify you that your thread was posted in the wrong forum, and it has been moved to the correct place. A member of our team will be happy to reply just as soon as your thread is up, however there may be a delay since it was placed in the wrong location (see global notice at top of page). How support works.

For support, please post all questions in the Support Forum.

For peer to peer conversations with other Themeco customers about tips, customizations, or suggestions you are welcome to use the Conversation Forum (no official support provided here).

Design & Development, Marketing & Media, and Hosting & Optimization are for discussion with fellow Apex members about non Themeco related topics. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Thank-you!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

URL is http://www.trendraider.de

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the url of your site. Please keep in mind that One page navigation only applies to pages by default. You may have stumbled some old links from our forum that may have worked once before. It may no longer be working due to updates. Could you please share with us the link so that we can check it out?

Regards.

Hi,

the old posts I tried to apply are irrelevant.
I am asking you if there’s any chance to apply a special navigation menu to the blog page (and so to the posts and archives, too). only to the blog pages - without using the primary menu.

Hello There,

Regretfully a special nagivation to the blog page, archives and other post tiems could only be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for understanding. Take care!