Getting this woocommerce message

Your theme (X – Child Theme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. Suggestions to fix this:

Update your theme to the latest version. If no update is available contact your theme author asking about compatibility with the current WooCommerce version.
If you copied over a template file to change something, then you will need to copy the new version of the template and apply your changes again.

I have XVersion: 6.5.5 which is the latest version. I’ve seen this question come up several times without an actual fix?

Hello Mickey,

Thanks for writing in!

As of today the compatible and supported version of WooCommerce is 3.5.7. Please downgrade the WooCommerce as version 3.6.1 is not supported which I see you are using on the website. We are doing the compatibility testing for the same and once we are done with the testing, an update will be released.

Thanks.

Thank you Prasant, But how exactly so I do that? I was looking on my url and I’m not finding a way to drop woocommerce back?

Hi Mickey,

You will have to deactivate and delete your existing Woocommerce, and download another copy like from here https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/installing-uninstalling-woocommerce/downloading-previous-version-woocommerce/. Then install the downloaded copy in Admin > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin

Hope this helps.

Thank you Rad
A new learning curve lol, I will try doing as the doc says then. If I leave it alone til the next X update will it effect receiving payments?

Hello Mickey,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Well, usually it should not affect the functioning of the website and shopping experience. However, we always recommend our customers to run supported version of WooCommerce so that any incompatibility issues on there specific websites can be avoided.

Thanks.

I’m not tech savvy so I’m hesitant in trying to roll the plugin back. Kinda worried about A. losing product info I’ve already created and B. Just plain and simply screwing up.

Hi Mickey,

You can use this third party plugin to roll it back

You can back up your site first before rolling it back that way, you can restore it if anything happens.

Thanks

Paul Thank you! That’s exactly what I’ll try! I already use the updraftplus plugin

Well after dl and trying to register for the account to test the backup on and not being able to I decided to delete the plugin. I will just play it safe and wait for the next X update. Thanx guys for all your help.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.