Getting an error with my template

After WP updated, and the theme, I get this error:

The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

I followed the steps on this URL: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/the-preview-could-not-load-error-with-button/49096

But was unsuccessful.I also tried editing the .htaccess file but still, nothing. Like I said, it isn’t a plugin issue, and I can’t seem to figure out what else it is, but i know it’s something simple I probably missed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for writing in, I did check your site, and these are the errors I get when I enable the wp_debug.

[15-Dec-2018 00:54:00 UTC] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dkedlhks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ameliabooking/src/Infrastructure/WP/HelperService/HelperService.php:40) in /home/dkedlhks/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 919
[15-Dec-2018 00:54:00 UTC] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dkedlhks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ameliabooking/src/Infrastructure/WP/HelperService/HelperService.php:40) in /home/dkedlhks/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 920
[15-Dec-2018 00:54:00 UTC] PHP Notice:  edit_form_advanced is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 5.0.0! Use block_editor_meta_box_hidden_fields instead. This action is still supported in the classic editor, but is deprecated in the block editor. in /home/dkedlhks/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4147

It has something to do with Amelia booking, please contact the the plugin author/support regarding this issue, as we can not provide support for 3rd party plugins.

Also, try updating your PHP version to 7.0 or 7.1, currently your PHP is v5.6.39 which is still fine, but maybe the Amelia booking has issue with that PHP version. Please contact your hosting on how to update the PHP version.

If you need to do an immediate edit on your homepage, please edit it on Skeleton Mode until the issue is resolve.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I don’t think it’s Amelia, I uninstalled the whole plugin and the problem still persists.

WP upgraded a few days ago, but for some strange reason this issue is still a problem. I upgraded the server to PHP 7 like you said.

are there any other ideas you guys think could cause this problem?

Hi Dominic,

Have you currently working on your site? It’s now displaying internal server error.

Let me know once it’s up.

Thanks!

the .htaccess file was edited, not sure what happened. But it’s fully functional now.

Hello Dominic,

I have investigated the issue and I found out that there is a fatal error or error 500 in your homepage when loaded in the Pro editor. I noticed that you are using PHP 5.6.39. Please make sure that you have meet the requirements to run the latest WordPress so that the theme and plugin features will work properly. I did some further investigation. WordPress 5.0 requires at least 7.2 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:

Dear host,

I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and 
I was wondering if my account supported the following:

- PHP version 7.2 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater
- Nginx or Apache with mod_rewrite module
- HTTPS support

Looking forward to your reply.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

I’m currently the admin on this server with full root access. I’m able to upgrade the PHP sever.

I did that, but I’m still getting this error.

Hello Dominic,

Could you also please increase your PHP time out limit? You only have 90s. It is possible that you can make it at least 300s and see what happens?

Please let us know how it goes.

I just got it to 300s, but still nothing.

I honestly don’t know what else it could possibly be.

Hey Dominic,

Your server’s connection closes in your home page only. This has something to do with your server configuration.

Please check if Keep-Alive is disabled for your root directory or domain.

Did this issue start after WP update only or are there other site activities you can remember before this happened? Please try re-installing WordPress also by going to Dashboard > Updates then clicking the Re-install Now button.

Thanks.

ModSecurity was the culprit, disabled it and it’s fully functional.

Thank you for your help guys!

You’re welcome, Glad you sorted things out,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.