Getting an Error Loading Cornerstone Preview

Good day,

I’m having an issue loading cornerstone. I keep getting an error; “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing”. I’ve tried testing my plugins, when I deactivate all of them cornerstone seems to load properly some of the time - not consistently. Most of my plugins when activated threw the same error but I feel the plugins aren’t the issue. I tried clearing my web browser and WP Super Cache. Also switched to my parent theme to see if the cause was any customization - still nothing. Can anyone help me out?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please go through our guidelines here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-builder-preview-warnings/14404), so that you should be able to isolate your issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi!

I tried everything suggested in the guideline beforehand… Issue wasn’t resolved.

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

Hi there,

It’s actually loading but there are times that your site is a bit slow, even by installing a plugin took longer. I also tried fixing the HTTPS URL which took a while using Better Search Replace plugin (68 tables) and it works on the live page (no more CORS issue), but in the builder’s preview, it still displays the CORS issue.

Perhaps your hosting has passive caching? Cache plugin is inactive and I also override it through wp-config.php so there should be no caching.

I also deactivated the plugins and the site is still too slow, and I noticed it always display “waiting for available socket” in the browser status bar. Perhaps your site is getting more traffic? Or is it a shared hosting? Else, would it be okay if you set up a staging in a different host environment separate from your current one?

Thanks!

Hi there Rad,

Thanks for checking it out. I tried again this morning and it seems to be loading fine for the time being. If it happens again I guess I’d have to contact my host? The site is getting a bit more traffic than usual because of the holiday but not enough to cause such significant delays. I do have a shared hosting plan, I’d be paying more than I’d like if I upgraded but I guess that’s something I’d have to take up with them.

Hi there,

Yes, that’s the problem with shared hosting. Your site performance is affected by other site’s traffic. If they get more traffic then your site performance will slow down.

You must switch to hosting that can handle more traffics.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

So the preview still isn’t working. It only lasted for that morning, I contacted my hosting provider a they said it’s not the hosting environment but that I should optimize the site. I’ve been optimizing for most of the day and managed to bring it from an F grade on gtmetrix (pagespeed) to almost a B… Still getting the same error. What would you advise?

Hi,

I tried loading a number of your pages and cornerstone seems to load without issue.

Though there are other pages that doesn’t load like your Contact Us Page

I checked and there are errors in your console.

Can you try loading your Contact Page in skeleton mode then try to remove your map and form and just to test if those are the ones that is causing the issue.

Make sure to backup your site beofre doing it

Thanks

Hey Paul, thanks for that it seems to work fine now; I deleted both the form and the map. I’m still getting the same error for most other pages though.

Hello There,

I’ve checked your site again and I could see the JS error on the page.

Even if the WP Super Cache is deactivated, the cache version of the page is still being served. When the caching plugin is inactive, the cache version of the page should not be served and should display the normal page. Do you know if your hosting has a caching feature? Did you make any changes to your server to improve the performance of the site? To properly set up WP Supercache, please make sure that you have set it up according to your server recommendation. Please check this out:
https://my.hostmonster.com/hosting/help/2303

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.