Getting a Product Validation Error

I’m trying to install X to a website where it used to be installed. I’m rebuilding the site and wanted to activate the installation again. However when I enter the API key I get the following error:

Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co

I’ve contacted the host with the message recommended on the forum:

Hello,

_My WordPress installation is having a hard time making outbound HTTP requests. I’m using X theme and it makes a request to community.theme.co for setting up automatic updates. _

I’ve attached a screen shot of the error

Could you please do the following?

Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.co
Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.
Ensure PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates.
Check into the error message above.
Please advise on anything you discover. Thank you.

Their response is as follows

Thank you for contacting us on this matter.

We have looked in to this and both cURL and allow_url_fopen are enabled and we have no issue with the CA Root Certificates. The connection to community.theme.co is also not blocked from our end.

Could you please contact the theme providers and check if they are not blocking the connections from IP address 91.208.99.2, this is the Cloud platform outgoing IP address.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Where do I go from here?

Hello @Jawface,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As you have mentioned API key I am think the site in question is (see secure note). I see that on the website you are using very old version of X Theme and Cornerstone. Now you don’t need API key to validate. Just enter the purchase code and that will do the job. However, before that you need to update X Theme and Cornerstone to the latest version which as of today is 6.4.6 and 3.4.6 respectively.

Please take a look at following resources to update X and Cornerstone. As the website is having old version X and Cornerstone, you will have to manually update. Please scroll down to the manually update section:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

That worked perfectly, thank you.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.