Gaps have lines in them

Hello, I installed the Renew V4 demo and all of the gaps on the site have lines in them. I can’t get this to go away. In your demo, these aren’t present. Can you please help? Screenshot is here https://imgur.com/a/6dm1X

Hi @PPMS.

Thanks for writing in.

The line should show during when you add gap in your cornerstone.

In this case, please share us your admin credentials so we could check your setup further. Don’t forget to set it in secure note.

Thanks.

Hi - what was the solution for this please, as I have the same issue. Thanks

Hello @SiobhanH,

Thanks for updating in! There is no solution or issue whatsoever. The gap has lines in it when viewed in Cornerstone just to identify the area that it is a gap element. When you view the page live, you will only be seeing a white space where you have added the gap element.

I have a hunch that you have a different situation. Please clarify further and include some screenshots so that we will have an idea of the issue that you are experciencing.

Best Regards.

Hi - I’m used to the greyed out lines that show the positioning, that’s not an issue. My issue is a line appearing when published. Have attached a screenshot - the gap is above the bottom right photo (where the line is).

Hi @SiobhanH,

I can’t find the URL that has this issue from your account. It’s the line on top left, am I right? Because what’s on right is the photo. And it’s the line at the bottom of the gap?

Still confusing as that’s the only line that I can see from your screenshot.

Thanks!

Hi - I’ve marked exactly where the line is for you. The gap is placed between the two images and the line is appearing at the bottom of the gap element.

Hi There,

Please provide us the page URL which you’re working on.

Can you also tell us which browsers and OS you’re using as well?

Thank you.

Hi - I can’t publish the page until the line issue has been resolved though? I’ve tested it live and the line still appears - in both Chrome and Safari. I’m working on Windows.

Hi There,

You can provide us with your page URL with the issue under Secure Note:

Regards!

Hi - the page is in draft mode. It’s not published due to the line issue. So I will happily give you the page url in draft form but you won’t be able to view it. Do you have any idea why it’s doing this or shall I just look for a workaround and consider it a bug?

Hi Siobhan,

I don’t think that is a bug as we do not see that issue often, actually this is the only time I hear about this issue. The only thing I can think of with that issue, is your browser zoom is not 100%, and that is giving you some kind of a phantom thin margin (mistook as line). Can you check the zoom setting of your browser.

We can take a closer look on that page if you don’t mind, you can provide us the direct page URL and login credentials in a secure note.

Thanks,