Gap element

Hi,

I have a problem with the gap element. I used it to adjust the text on the picture:

and generally that works well. I added 5 gaps each for the respective breakpoint. But there seems to be a single screen resolution size that causes all 5 gaps to show and causes this:

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if I did something wrong. I never noticed it before. I think its between mobile and tablet size. I checked the gaps and I set them to hide on all resolutions except for the one that they are supposed to show.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Dennis

I found that the gaps all show when I click the breakpoint preview for 980px-1199px in cornerstone. I check the gaps again and they are not supposed to show at this breakpoint. Even when I disable and enable it again it doesn’t work

same thing at the 767px breakpoint

Hi there,

I checked our issue tracker and we have a confirmed bug regarding the Classic Gap element as follows:

Bug: X Latest version : Classic Gap based on screen width not disappear on CS works fine on Front End

That report talks about Classic Element and it states that despite the wrong preview in the Cornerstone the outcome is as expected in the front end.

Do you confirm? If that is the case we already have it in our issue tracker and you will need to wait for upcoming releases to have a fix regarding this.

Meanwhile, you can use the Gap element instead of the Classic Gap.

Thank you.

Issue is still there on front end. It’s easy to miss because it seems to show only at one certain resolution. I only noticed it, because I changed the browser size very slowly.

You can see it on this page https://soundtrackz.de/filme/prinzessin-mononoke when you pull the browser window size to about 1199px width.

I’ll try the new gap element then, thanks

I just checked and I’m already using the new gap element. It seems to have the same problem.

And you can see the bug at around 767px width in the browser

Hi there,

I tested the case on my local installation and the gaps both the classic and V2 one worked ok. There is the problem in the preview as I mentioned but the front end works ok.

This shows either there is a problem with your installation or the specific setup that you have on the page is an edge case which causes the issue.

To check the first scenario kindly add a new test page, add 5 alert boxes and 5 gaps and hide the stuff as you wic=sh and check the case on the front end.

Get back to us if it is working or not. Also please use the Template of the Cornerstone to send us the page in question so that we can test that in our installation.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-layout/122 (Read the working with templates section)

Thank you.

How can I send you the template? I downloaded it, but when I try to send it here on the forum it says the file is not an authorized format.

Ah yes, I didn’t think of that. You can use Google Drive or Dropbox or any other service that you use and send the link here.

If the service you use needs login information or you want to have the template private you can simply paste the online file sharing service link to the Secure Note.

Alternatively, you can open up the CSL file with Notepad or another simple text editor and paste the code here:

https://justpaste.it/

Then give us the link.

Thank you.

this is the link to the text on justpaste.it:
https://justpaste.it/1g7jp

Hello There,

We have copied and pasted to a file to recreate the .csl file. Regretfully it is not importing. It seems that something is missing or broken. Could you please upload the .csl file in Google Docs or Dropbox so that we may be able to download the file instead?

Thank you in advance.

Hope this works

Hi there,

That is a dup of HTML file which can not be used to import to the Cornerstone to follow up. Is it possible that you give us the login information of your website and the name of the page and we do the test ourselves?

kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey,

it looks like the bug was fixed. There is no problem anymore. But if there is any problem again, I will post in the forum.

Thanks
Dennis

Glad it’s okay now! Let us know if there are further bugs related to gaps. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.