Gap Element not displaying on live site

No clue what is going on, because I’ve used the gap element in another section on the same page and it seems to be working, but with this new one I’ve added, it looks fine in the cornerstone editor but not on the live site. I am using the gap element to fill column space in order for a background image to display in full. Not sure how to troubleshoot this issue in a forum, may just need to hand the keys over for someone to take a look.

Hi there,

Please make sure to check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @Jade thanks for the assistance! I have now updated cornerstone and x, added the code snippet provided to the wp-config.php file, and gone through all the plugins to test for conflict… and unfortunately I haven’t seen a change with my issue.
If you can think of anything else, let me know! Thanks again.

Hi again,

This could be the cache issue as you’re not seeing the changes on the front-end, make sure to clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Let us know how this goes!.

I solved the problem, but not entirely sure why it didn’t work how I had it still.

Here’s what I did that DIDN’t WORK: I added the gap element at 400px height to push column 1 (left) down far enough to display the rows background image I had set up. This wasn’t working for some reason, the gap element didnt have any height on live site and column 2 (right) shifted over to the left as if the first column didnt even exist and the background image only appeared in the space that the content from column 2 took up (a sliver).

So again, not sure why the above was not working, I feel like thats exactly what the gap element would be for…
What DID WORK: Decreased gap element height to a sliver but then added padding bottom to column 1 (left) by the 400px I needed to display the background image. And this seemed to do the trick.

Hey Kerri,

The Gap element should be working when you’ve setup the 400px height. If you want us to continue investigating why it does not work, please save your page as a template and import it to a test page then give us the URL of the test page.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.