Gap between sections and some irragularities

Hi,

I recently moved a new version of the site recreated in PRO for https://sport.center and have to confirm some irregularities in its behaviour. Some pages are not saved when edited in Cornerstone. I will try to recreate those from scratch and check if that works for me. And the worst thing that when I create a new page I can not save any changes in it. I get fun message like it was saved but top bar doesn’t go till the very end and Cornerstone doesn’t reload the page as usual.

For the information, I tried a few different tools for migration - WP Migrate DB Pro and Updraft. In both situations I faced the same issues with exotic behaviour of Cornerstone in PRO. However, the process with Updraft went smoother for me.

Hello There,

Thank you for this information. We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If still you cannot save the page, would you mind providing us some access to your site so that we can take a closer look?

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Unfortunately, that didn’t help. I use SiteGround Cloud Hosting just in case you know about any issues with them specifically.

Hi There,

I saw a 400 error code when I tried to save your page, most of the time (but not limited to) this issue is related to security. Please contact your hosting on how to disable the mod_security rules, or exclude all X/Cornerstone assets from the mod_security ruleset (show them the screenshots below and they may find something about it).

Also while we are on this, please deactivate all your security plugins (WordFence, etc) and the SG SuperCacher and any other caching feature your site might have. This is to make sure that all changes we made is taking effect immediately.

Also check the file permissions on your site (https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions), as we are getting an invalid_user error.

You can also do a testing for a plugin conflict, as it can be also possible that its a plugin that is being blocked and not the Cornerstone. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

That worked out well. Thanks a lot!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

Hi There,

I’m glad that things sorted out on your end, would you mind sharing what your hosting exactly did to resolve the issue? I’m pretty sure it will help others who might find your thread looking for answer in the same issue.

Thanks.

The issue is generated by a mod_security rule being triggered by Cornerstone:
Code:

mod_security: Access denied with code 400. Pattern match "\\\\[[^\\\\]]*\\\\s" at ARGS_NAMES [id "001420"] [severity "EMERGENCY"] [hostname "xxxxxxxx.xxx"] [uri "/cornerstone-endpoint"] [unique_id "XxxxXxxxxXXXXXxx"]

I have disabled the rule in question via the following htaccess rules:
Code:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterRemove 001420
</IfModule>

Thank you for sharing with us.

Cheers!

Thank you guys for helping.

Take care!

You’re most welcome!

Hi,

This is an issue on all pages, not only one and it was working for 3 weeks while i was building the site. Not plugins have been changed or updated between it working and ceasing working.

I have tried mod_security settings with Godaddy and they believe from the logs that its a plugin called Cornerstone Power Pack, Essential Addons for Cornerstone & Pro and they have been successfully deleted, but i still have issues even though i have removed the plugins and the entries on a page where i have used these elements. .

I have gone through each plugin and turned them on and off but no luck or difference.

Can you advise please if this means the theme or pages are damaged as i am having issue opening pages even without those elements on it?

Kind Regards

Mario

Hey Mario,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.