Gallery photos not matching post as set up in Word Prses

My gallery photos and descriptions do not appear on my webpage.Only one photo with an introduction can be seen there. I do not see an “edit page” button for this particular page of my webpage as I have in the past. When I go into the dashboard of my Word Press account, however, I see the post with all my photos there exactly as I would like it to appear on my webpage. Not sure why the two are not matching. Please help!! I’m not very technically minded and setting up this webpage is going to be the death of me! The same kind of thing is also occurring with my video with image. In my dashboard, there is a link that shows up that the reader can click onto to view the video (would like the image to be there but its not). But when I go to the webpage, there is no link. Please help!

Hello Kendra,

Thanks for writing in!

Please try testing for plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

I also see you are using Endurance page cache which seems to be provided by hosting company. Please get in touch with the hosting company and clear the same to avoid any conflict.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

The cornerstone plugin is what is causing the problem, but isn’t this a “required” plug- in for a themeco product?

Hello Kendra,

The given credentials do not work for us.
Please double check it.

Meanwhile, to better assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL of the page in question where we can find this gallery. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Regards.

Sorry!! I hope this is the correct information now!!

Hello Kendra,

Thanks for providing the information. I have investigated the issue and it turns out that you did not add a featured image in each of your posts which is why the images did not display in your homepage.

The featured images will have to be uploaded and assigned to each post. WordPress will not automatically assign a featured image even if you already inserted an image in the post contents.

Hope this explains it briefly.

No, I understand that. This is not the issue. In my theme, there is a place on page two that allows you to post a number of photos with captions underneath them (it’s the gallery section of Theme X). On my page two of my home page, this would be the section entitled International Missions.You will see a picture of myself and two children there. You can click the red arrow keys at the top to advance the photos but they do not have the captions underneath them and some of the photo can’t be seen without scrolling down a slight bit. The introduction caption is carried and pasted onto each of the 200 or so photos. However, when I go to dashboard/posts/International Missions/edit, the post pulls up and looks completely different (more user friendly), with the photos more easily seen and their individual captions underneath each one. The way it appears here is how I want it to appear on my website but for the life of me I can’t get it to look the same. Please help!!

Also, what I was saying in an earlier post, when I remove the Cornerstone plug-in, ths section of my webpage appears exactly as the post in my WP dashboard. But, I was of the impression that Cornerstone was a REQUIRED plug-in for Theme X. If it’s not required or necessary, then the issue is resolved. I can just remove this particular plug-in but I am unsure if this will cause me problems as I continue to build my site.

Also, while you are in my site, would you please take a quick look at another issue I am having. If you will scroll down to the fourth block on the web page where you will see my logo in the top part and Sermons to Inspire on the bottom part…I need to know how to get rid of that top part that has the side scroll bar and menu options at the top. I simply want that section to begin with the part that reads Sermons to Inspire. Thank you!

Hi Kendra,

International Mission post format is gallery. For an image to show on that gallery, it must be uploaded on that post so it will be attached to the post. All those images attached to the post will be shown inside the gallery. Images inside the content will not be included. You can see scrolling when the gallery slides because images inside the gallery have different height and width ratio. Other images are taller than the other.

If you don’t want that setup and you want to show what’s on the content, please change post format to standard instead.

Cornerstone is a required plugin. Please don’t remove it. As stated, you may choose to use standard post format instead. Also note, your homepage is set as blog page. Blog page design is automatic. It will depend on the stack you have chosen which is integrity. What you had on the post single page when you edit it can be seen on the single post frontend display: https://sprinklethesalt.com/beautiful-gallery-post/

For Sermons to Inspire post, it happens because of the post format is set to Video. Then you have added the following video on the settings:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/3514904?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=ffffff" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Please replace that with your correct video iframe code

Should I not set my home page as my blog page? Is there a way to limit the number of blog articles that show up on the home page? I thought that I set this number at 10 somewhere in my settings but they are not being limited to this number as every one I’ve posted shows on the home page. In fact, it is in settings>reading settings where it reads “blog pages show at most 10 posts”…does this not apply because I’m using the home page as my blog page?

I’m not sure I know what you mean that “I’ve added the following video on the settings (code in box). Where did I do this and how do I find it? I have no idea what is meant by “replace with correct video iframe code”. What is this?? Where do I find? And where do I find the place to plug it in?

Could you tell me what Image Post in Theme X?

Hi Kendra,

It seems that you need to learn more about WordPress and our theme to be able to carry out the stuff that you want. Honestly, I am now overwhelmed with the number of questions you asked and it will be a mess to answer all of them and then follow up with each one.

I suggest that we separate the questions. Let’s stick with the original problem that you had. You can open up new threads for the other questions.

You have two choices to have a homepage:

1. Having the posts listed.
  2. Having a page act as a homepage

You chose the item 1 from Settings > Reading. That is ok and it will show all the posts, it is the WordPress way. The 10 item count that you set is to determine how many posts to show in one page. If you choose 3 for example, you will have three posts inside each page and the number of pages will grow as it will need to show all the posts.

If you do not want to list all the posts, then please go to Pages > Add New and add a new page. Then go to Settings > Reading and set the homepage to the page that you created.

You can use the Cornerstone Page Builder for pages that you create from Pages > Add New menu.

Now regarding the Gallery post type and the way it will show in the posts listing page. Please read this article to know how to set them.

In general, I suggest that you bookmark this page to see a list of our docs which will help you get started.

Thank you.

All of that was incredibly helpful! Thank you!! I’ve one last question for now…one of my posts entitled “International Missions” on the Missions page is not at the top of the page even though I’ve made it a “sticky” post. I’ve not had this issue with other “sticky” posts and can’t figure out what the difference is with this particular one. I’ve done all I know to do trying to troubleshoot.

Hi Kendra,

The “Missions page” currently is a normal empty page, meaning this page will not show any posts automatically. This is a page that you can edit in Cornerstone, you can place a Recent Posts element on this page to output set posts.

The Wordpress’ Sticky Posts feature, will only apply to the Blog Posts page (Blog index page), currently, you don’t have a page set as Posts page (Blog index page), you need to create a new page, and then navigate to Settings > Reading and set that page as Posts page, you can then add that new Blog index page to your menu (Appearance > Menu), that Posts page will show you sticky posts on top.

If you have a follow-up question regarding this, please write it on a new thread as this one is getting longer and mix up.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.