Gallery buttons missing after update

Hello. I’ve just updated my theme and all active plugins and am experiencing an issue. When I open a gallery, the navigation and close buttons are missing.

I have attached a screenshot–can you see it? How can I troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

I am using a caching plugin, and have ensured that the page cache is empty.

Thanks.

PS are these support posts between you and I only? Or can anyone logged in to the forum read them?

Hi There,

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If it doesn’t help, please provide us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains.

Before I try this, I think I may have determined the issue. If I load the page in-question and open up Chrome Dev Tools’ console, there are seven errors. Four of them are of this form:

Access to Font at ‘http://www.tidessamui.com/wp-content/plugins/media-grid/css/lcweb-media/fonts/lcweb-media.ttf’ from origin ‘http://www.deckchairstoreroom.com’ has been blocked by CORS policy: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource. Origin ‘http://www.deckchairstoreroom.com’ is therefore not allowed access.

The other three are of the form:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)

Do you think this is worth following up as the potential source of error? I should tell you that the site with the error is the private testing and development site that we use for our actual live site. The live site is www-dot-tidessamui-dotcom, and the dev site is www-dotdeckchairstoreroom-dot-com-slash-tidessamui. I tried to insert actual URLs there, but the editor gave me an error, saying new users could insert only two links per message.

I have created an admin user for you to use on our dev site. But before I share that with you in this post, I need to know if it will be private or not. How can I share sensitive information with you in this forum and ensure it is available to only you (and other devs)?

You can login at www-dot-deckchairstoreroom-dot-com-slash-tidessamui. You can view the gallery in-question by navigating to www-dot-deckchairstoreroom-dot-com-slash-tidessamui-slash-gallery and opening any of the galleries on the page.

If you want me to continue to troubleshoot plugin-by-plugin, I can–just let me know.

Thanks.

edit: it seems as if the console errors are related to the “Media Grid” plugin. Would you agree? Is that an X-Theme Extension or bundled plugin?

Hi there,

To share sensitive information with us please kindly use the Secure Note functionality of the post. For more information:

Regarding the font issue, it seems to be the cross browser access problem which can be solved by following the steps in the guide below:

Kindly get back to us with the login information of your Wordpress dashboards if you need further assistance using the Secure Note functionality of the post.

Thank you.

OK thanks for that. The article you linked seems to be applicable. Let me work with my server admin to try and implement the nginx fix described. I’ll reply here in a few days with an update.

–Carl

Thank you. Please kindly get back to us with the result.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.