Galleries in pages

Hello,
Hope you can help?

I’m in the process of building my photography website and I’ve come across a problem that I can’t work out how to solve.
I’ve made a tiled mosaic gallery, and my page template is Blank container, header, footer. My overall customisation is set to fullwidth, but as you can see in the attachment, the pictures are all to one side and don’t fill the page width.
Hop that makes sense. Any suggestion, gratefully received.

Regards
Dafydd

Hi There,

Could you please share us with your website URL so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

I’m experiencing the same issue with a client site since a recent update as well. An example of the issue can be seen on the following page:

As you can see, the gallery is limited to what appears to be a 1/3rd column, but the gallery should be going across the full page. I’ve noted this with other pages on the website as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @gadgetat

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Oh yes, I’ve already run through plugin conflicts and disable plugins before contact you regarding the issue. No resolution has been found by disabling the plugins. And the tiled galleries are a feature of Jet Pack, so when I disable that plugin the tiled galleries don’t work anyway.

So, what’s the next step since I already ruled out plugins, and this has occurred after the recent and problematic updates to the X Theme?

Hello There,

Please be advise that Tiled Galleries has a default width of 500 pixels. This is why it always stays on the left side and did not fill up the whole fullwidth. Before we resolved this issue, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

function custom_tiled_gallery_width() {
    return '800';
}
add_filter( 'tiled_gallery_content_width', 'custom_tiled_gallery_width' );

Please let us know how it goes.