Full Width seems to be missing containers after upgrade

Hello,

I’m doing some maintenance upgrades on my site, www.dogwriters.org.

After updating the theme from 4.7.11 to 4.9.8 today, I’m noticing that most of my pages (Such as the home page and event page) no longer have a container. I use the full width option, so that the header goes full width, but the main content of the page usually has white space on the left and right.

What’s the best way to universally fix this issue?

Thank you,
Angela

Hi Angela,

Thanks for writing in!

To resolve your issue, please go to WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General and make sure “Legacy X Integration” is enabled. A common request we get is to not overwrite parts of the WPBakery Page Builder. We are committed to keep supporting sites from the early days of X where Visual Composer was our page builder but we’ve consolidated all that integration code under one setting. It used to be enabled by default, but you will now need to opt-in to using it.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Yes, that worked, thank you. I’m noticing another short code that’s not working, maybe it’s related? My menus include some icons. For example, there’s a lock icon on some of the Members submenu items that use this code as the navigation label:
Member Roster

And another one for the Cart menu: Cart

Please let me know if I can get these back. I appreciate your help in trying to keep an older site updated, without these troubles. Thanks!

Sorry, you can’t see the code I’m trying to show you. Not sure how to format it so you can see?

Hello @capodanno,

Did you added some custom codes in your child theme’s functions.php file? You may need to update the codes so that the icons will display correctly. Please provide us the custom codes and post it in your next reply so that we can check it.

Thank you in advance.

Hello

I believe I have a similar problem, instead of creating another subject I thought I would ask for help here.

Just 30 minutes ago, I was updating one of the sub-pages, saved everything and then closed by browser. I took a break, logged in again and I have two white containers on the left and right hand side across the entire website.

I did not change anything in general settings and I done the 4.9.8 update a while ago. The only plugin that I updated today was ‘GDPR Cookie Consent’ but that was earlier in the day. I also don’t seem to have the WPBakery thingy, I tried to purge the cache and I did not make any changes in functions.php.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jack

Hello Jack,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s my humble request not to post in a ticket started by a different user as it create lot of confusion which slows the response time. Though the issue is similar and related, please create a new ticket and share the details in the same and one the the Themeco staff will take a look at assist you accordingly.

Having said, please note that the information you share even using Secure note can be seen by the original creator of the ticket. So it’s best to share the details in a new ticket so information is in between you and Themeco staff. I have removed the details you shared from your reply.

Thanks.

Dear Prasant

Thanks a lot, I was not aware of that. I will create a new ticket.

Best Wishes
Jack

Hey Jack,

I have replied you on your ticket.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.