Full Width Parallax Featured Image

Want to improve you blog styling???

As I’m sure everyone would agree, ThemeCo has done an amazing job at creating both the X Theme and Pro Theme. But what if I told you that you could improve the look of your blog post pages AND, in less than 10 minutes?

I Introduce to you the Full-Width Parallax Featured Image

This an article I originally wrote in April 16, but in the last few days has had a massive overhaul including:

• Instructions for both X and Pro Theme
  • Alternate option for those who don’t know enough about code to easily download a Child Theme with the style Pre-Installed.
  • Cleaner code
  • Transparent overlay (with an article to be released in the next day or to speaking more about overlays)
  • SEO friendly post title
  • Author, Date, Categories
  • Plus it gives you the opportunity to really take your blog style up a notch.

Here is just a few examples of what customers have been able to create using the Full-Width Parallax Featured Image

Integral Life

The team at Integral Life hired me to not only implement the full width parallax featured image on the site, but also add a bit more function to it. In a lot of their posts there are multiple authors so we needed to create a way for multiple authors names to appear and link back to other posts written by those members. I achieved this with the assistance of the Co-Author Plus Plugin. Other styling updates to the full width parallax featured image included:

• A transparent overlay
  • Date the post was written
  • And social sharing buttons

If this is something you may need implemented on your site, feel free to contact me.

Check out the styling here.

Will Pursell Photography

If you are reading this post from Canada, and about to get married, do yourself a favour and give Will Pursell a call. The gallery on his site is simply stunning but the full width parallax featured image on his blog pages really helps show off those images.

Will has taken the full width parallax featured image and made it a full screen, and I must say it looks simply stunning.

Check out the styling here.

Check out the instructions and be sure to write any feedback below. I’m always keen to improve both the styling and also how easy it is to install.

Cheers

Ben Ryan

3 Likes

Hey @BenRyan.me

Thank you for such a wonderful article, Parallax featured image looks super cool. Thank you for your efforts and sharing with us :heart:

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.