Full width no container blog posts

Hi guys,

1. Blog posts: full width, no container
I’ve opened numerous similar topics, tried all proposed codes, and this is the closest I got, to get a blog post that is full width, no container.

.single-post .x-container.max.width.offset {
max-width: 100%;
width: 100%;
}

It doesn’t work.

Also theme options>blog> full width
layout etc> full width

I want the blog post to look exactly the same as a fixed page. Will send examples in separate private message.
(link in secure note).
This means the white/cream space at both the top and bottom of the page, should be set to 0. No idea how to do this.

2. Other issue:
Whilst changing some of the css in theme options, it seems like this has caused an isse with the homepage ubermenu (only homepage, other pages are fine).

This is how the ubermenu on the homepage looks like - it’s stretched. Both the buttons in the nav bar as the submenu items look stretched.

This is how it was and still is on any other page except the homepage. This is how it should be.

Thanks,

Hello @digitalpractice,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

It looks like you have made the necessary changes already. Please see screencast.

1. Home page navigation screencast.
  2. Blog post: Regarding blog page, looks like you haven’t selected a blog page under Settings > Reading > Post Page.

Can you please let me know which is your the post page, so we can guide you accordingly?

Thanks.

Hi

Here’s an example blog post. There are many under Posts>
https://colv.digitalpractice.tech/blog/dont-let-the-flare-ups-floor-you/

Also, how do I add the author and date into the cornerstone blog content? I know there is classic author element, but how do I add date? Ideally I have them beautifully together.

Hey Kris,

Please add this code in your Global CSS

.single-post .entry-wrap {
    padding: 0;
}

.single-post .x-container.max.width.offset,
.single-post .entry-content {
    margin: 0
}

This is how it should look once you apply it.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks, that works!

you are most welcome!

Thanks. Just could someone help me with this too pls?

How do I add the author and date into the cornerstone blog content? I know there is classic author element, but how do I add date? Ideally I have them beautifully together.

Hi @digitalpractice,

You could enable your post meta in your Theme Options > Blog

Or you could use Raw Html Element to add a code inside your content. You could check the link below for codes what to add.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi,
It doesn’t work unfortunately.
Option 1: nothing changes
Option 2: not an option; this needs to happen automatically
Option 3: not sure how to start

I needed to tweak the css already, because the blog posts weren’t showing up the way I wanted.
Maybe it’s a css thing?

I wish option 1 would just imply work. That would solve it. But maybe something is overwriting the functionality of this option?

Hi Kris,

The Meta options should work, but unfortunately, this thread is getting too crowded and we lost the track of the requests as the original thread was for something completely different.

Please open up a separate thread with the information about the second question and give us your website URL/User/Pass using the Secure Note to follow up.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.