Full-width colored bar

How can I add a full-width, light grey colored bar behind the “Why PaperBlazer” section at PaperBlazer dot com?

Whenever I try, I seem to break something.

Hey @jupebox,

By “light grey colored bar behind”, I believe you’re wanting a text background like the screenshot below?

If so, and because you’re not using the Cornerstone builder, you need to use the Headline Shortcode. For more details about the Headline Shortcode, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/shortcodes-custom-headline/158

Your shortcode setup should have inline styles like the following:

[custom_headline level="h2" style="text-align:center;background:lightgray"]Custom Headline[/custom_headline]

Take look at the style attribute values in the sample shortcode. That is called inline CSS. You can add more CSS in there but please just note that we expect that you know CSS. If you don’t know how to use CSS yet, please learn from sites like https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

In case you don’t want to learn CSS, I’d recommend you rebuild the page using Cornerstone and use the design options of the builder.

Hope that helps.

Is there a way to make a full-width background, for the entire content?

Hello @jupebox,

You can only make the background into fullwidth if you change your page template to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer page template. For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Meanwhile, I can see that you are using shortcodes on the page. We would highly recommend if you edit the page by using Cornerstone, our very own page builder. To get familiar with our builder, please check this out:

Regards.

If I switch to Cornerstone, won’t it delete the content? I always get a warning message.

Hi @jupebox,

Yes, that is correct you’re going to lose the content classic editor.

If you’re comfortable working with Cornerstone, please use it moving forward.

By entire content, you mean that specific section? You already applied a background-color on it via inline styling, you can simply change that color value.

Thanks,

I mean the warning is very ominous. It makes it sound like all the page information will be removed.

Hi @jupebox,

I understand, the keyword there is overwritten.

It seems you already resolve the full-width background for the entire content

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.